- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Report: Miami Heat Have Mended Relations With Chris Bosh
- Updated: May 5, 2017
The Miami Heat are looking to make an impact in the free agent market when it opens up in July, and have the potential to add some important new additions that could continue the momentum that saw the team go 30-11 during the second half of this past season. There had been some concern that the rancor that came about with the health issues surrounding Chris Bosh would damage any such chances, but from all accounts, that doesn’t seem to be the case.
Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald noted that there are still a number of important reasons why playing for the Heat could be an appealing option. While the weather and the lack of any state income tax in Florida are part of the sales pitch, the player-friendly culture can also serve as an enticement.
One example of that can be seen with respect to Bosh’s touchy situation that had caused a rupture in his once-close relationship with team. The Heat took steps recently to smooth things over, according to Jackson:
“The organization has mended its relationship with Bosh in recent weeks, with direct contact between Bosh and the top of the organization, in advance of his impending release and removal of his salary from Miami’s cap.”
Without Bosh’s contract weighing down the Miami payroll, the team will be able to pursue some key free agents. The fact that the Heat took the initiative to make sure that Bosh leaves on a positive note has the potential to pay dividends for them and could be reflected in next year’s standings.