- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
Report: Miami Heat Have Made Final Offer to Minnesota Timberwolves
- Updated: September 28, 2018
The Miami Heat has been considered a favorite to land disgruntled Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler all week. According to a Friday evening report, fans could find out very soon whether or not Butler will be headed to South Beach.
Based on the report, several sources have claimed that the Heat has put forward a final offer that the Wolves will have to either accept or decline.
Jimmy Butler update:
It is not clear if that has changed since….
— Five Reasons Sports Network (@5ReasonsSports) September 28, 2018
The report continued to say that the only team that has been as active as the Heat in trade discussions for Butler is the Houston Rockets. It is unclear what exactly the Rockets have offered in return for Butler, but there is very little doubt that Miami has many more available assets when it comes to youth and talent.
As for Butler, earlier this week the talented two-way player made it known that Miami was his preferred destination in a trade.
Whether or not Butler gets his wish and ends up in Miami is yet to be seen. What is clear, however, is that the Heat is ready to make a deal. It’s now up to the Wolves’ front office to decide whether or not Miami’s offer is enough to convince Minnesota to pull the trigger.