- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
- Bam Adebayo makes it clear that he wants to become 2-time All-Star this season
- Udonis Haslem fires scathing NSFW shots at Colin Cowherd after he disrespects Miami Heat
- Miami Heat members gush over Bam Adebayo’s leadership this season: ‘You definitely hear his voice now’
Report: Heat Have Had Discussions With Kings About Dewyane Dedmon and Nemanja Bjelica
- Updated: February 4, 2020
The NBA trade deadline is quickly approaching, and the Miami Heat may be looking to bolster their lineup to prepare for the postseason.
According to a recent report, the Heat have had discussions with the Sacramento Kings about veteran big men Dewayne Dedmon and Nemanja Bjelica.
— Mr. Clutch (@ClutchNBA_) February 4, 2020
While it’s unclear what the Heat would have to package to acquire either of the big men, there’s no question that both players could help Miami in different ways.
Dedmon is a 7-foot veteran averaging 5.1 points and 4.9 rebounds in 15.9 minutes per game this season. He’d serve as a big body to clog up lanes to the basket and could definitely help improve Miami’s defense.
Bjelica would become a major addition to the Heat’s offense. The 6-foot-10 forward is averaging 12.2 points, 6.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 28.2 minutes per game this season.
He’s also shooting a blistering 43.4 percent from beyond the arc in the 2019-20 campaign.
Interestingly, the Heat and Kings will face off against one another this Friday, just one day after the trade deadline will pass.
If a trade does in fact take place between the two clubs, that upcoming game would certainly serve as an odd reunion for the players involved.