- Report: Boston Celtics consider not drafting Jimmy Butler ‘most painful miss’ in recent history
- Tyler Herro ranks above LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry and Kawhi Leonard after Game 4
- Report: Boston Celtics front office let out ‘collective moan’ when Miami Heat drafted Tyler Herro
- Bam Adebayo explains huge role he played in convincing Miami Heat to draft Tyler Herro
- NBA Twitter erupts after Tyler Herro’s monster Game 4 performance vs. Boston Celtics
- Bam Adebayo shares update on wrist injury suffered in Game 4, gives status for Game 5
- Tyler Herro has incredible message for Jimmy Butler as Miami Heat prepare to advance to NBA Finals
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade responds to possibility of taking over for Pat Riley
- Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics Game 4 live stream: Watch NBA playoffs online and on TV
- Dwyane Wade explains why Miami Heat rookie Tyler Herro has that ‘it’ factor
Report: Heat Have Had Discussions With Kings About Dewyane Dedmon and Nemanja Bjelica
- Updated: February 4, 2020
The NBA trade deadline is quickly approaching, and the Miami Heat may be looking to bolster their lineup to prepare for the postseason.
According to a recent report, the Heat have had discussions with the Sacramento Kings about veteran big men Dewayne Dedmon and Nemanja Bjelica.
— Mr. Clutch (@ClutchNBA_) February 4, 2020
While it’s unclear what the Heat would have to package to acquire either of the big men, there’s no question that both players could help Miami in different ways.
Dedmon is a 7-foot veteran averaging 5.1 points and 4.9 rebounds in 15.9 minutes per game this season. He’d serve as a big body to clog up lanes to the basket and could definitely help improve Miami’s defense.
Bjelica would become a major addition to the Heat’s offense. The 6-foot-10 forward is averaging 12.2 points, 6.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 28.2 minutes per game this season.
He’s also shooting a blistering 43.4 percent from beyond the arc in the 2019-20 campaign.
Interestingly, the Heat and Kings will face off against one another this Friday, just one day after the trade deadline will pass.
If a trade does in fact take place between the two clubs, that upcoming game would certainly serve as an odd reunion for the players involved.