- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat are monitoring Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns
- Updated: March 5, 2021
The Miami Heat are reportedly monitoring Minnesota Timberwolves star Karl-Anthony Towns.
"Miami would like to make a big deal and they have their eyes on Karl-Anthony Towns. They are in wait and see mode with that situation." pic.twitter.com/y7yyC2rIFX
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) March 5, 2021
Towns, 25, is one of the best big men in the NBA.
The center has career averages of 22.6 points, 11.7 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.5 blocks per game.
However, as great is Towns is, he’s only been to the postseason once in his career. As a matter of fact, the Timberwolves have the worst record in the league this season at 7-29.
Certainly, Towns would love to play for a competitor. The one time Towns went to the playoffs was when star Jimmy Butler was on his team during the 2017-18 season.
Last season, Butler led the Heat to the NBA Finals. Although the Heat lost to the Los Angeles Lakers in six games, they clearly have a winning culture that could attract Towns in the near future.