- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
- Video: Donovan Mitchell fanboys over Bam Adebayo as star duo works out together
- Bam Adebayo shares emotional story of growing up in trailer after earning max contract
- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Updated: October 28, 2020
If the Miami Heat are unable to acquire a major asset during the offseason, a new report indicates that they could end up pursuing veteran LaMarcus Aldridge.
Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald noted that Aldridge, once a player the Heat pursued in free agency, has seen a decline in his game since the Heat made that effort. However, the veteran is still able to offer a team solid production in the paint.
“San Antonio power forward LaMarcus Aldridge: He’s no longer the All Star that Pat Riley took to dinner five years ago,” Jackson wrote. “But even at 35, he’s still quite effective, averaging 18.9 points and 7.4 rebounds last season and shooting 38.9 percent on threes. If the top names on Miami’s 2021 priority list don’t materialize, Aldridge would be a possibility on a one-year deal.
“He also could be a trade option this offseason.”
Aldridge missed several games after he suffered a shoulder injury this past February. That problem led to surgery in April that officially ended his season.
Still, Aldridge has 14 years of NBA experience and would give the Heat a physical presence and someone who could be an option from beyond the arc.
The Heat will pursue plenty of top players during this offseason, hoping it helps them capture the title that eluded them this year. Even though Aldridge is no longer at his peak, he would make for an impressive consolation prize.