- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
Report: Kawhi Leonard Going to Raptors Puts Goran Dragic in Play for Lakers
- Updated: July 4, 2019
Speculation about Kawhi Leonard’s future destination has reached a fever pitch with recent reports saying that he will be returning to the Toronto Raptors.
In order for Dragic to come to L.A., however, he will have to be traded, since he is not a free agent after opting into the final year of his $19.2 million contract. That would be the tricky part since the Lakers have very few moving parts available after gutting their roster in a trade that brought Anthony Davis to Tinseltown.
The 33-year-old point guard is hoping to get back into his All-Star form after missing most of last season with a knee injury. He could be a better alternative for the Lakers than most point guards available in the market right now.
The Heat would be more than willing to send him to L.A., as they are looking to trade Dragic to free up cap space.
The 11-year veteran averaged 13.7 points, 3.1 rebounds and 4.8 assists last season.