- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Kawhi Leonard Going to Raptors Puts Goran Dragic in Play for Lakers
- Updated: July 4, 2019
Speculation about Kawhi Leonard’s future destination has reached a fever pitch with recent reports saying that he will be returning to the Toronto Raptors.
In order for Dragic to come to L.A., however, he will have to be traded, since he is not a free agent after opting into the final year of his $19.2 million contract. That would be the tricky part since the Lakers have very few moving parts available after gutting their roster in a trade that brought Anthony Davis to Tinseltown.
The 33-year-old point guard is hoping to get back into his All-Star form after missing most of last season with a knee injury. He could be a better alternative for the Lakers than most point guards available in the market right now.
The Heat would be more than willing to send him to L.A., as they are looking to trade Dragic to free up cap space.
The 11-year veteran averaged 13.7 points, 3.1 rebounds and 4.8 assists last season.