- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
- Here’s the definitive reason why the Miami Heat weren’t serious contenders to trade for James Harden
Report: Kawhi Leonard Going to Raptors Puts Goran Dragic in Play for Lakers
- Updated: July 4, 2019
Speculation about Kawhi Leonard’s future destination has reached a fever pitch with recent reports saying that he will be returning to the Toronto Raptors.
In order for Dragic to come to L.A., however, he will have to be traded, since he is not a free agent after opting into the final year of his $19.2 million contract. That would be the tricky part since the Lakers have very few moving parts available after gutting their roster in a trade that brought Anthony Davis to Tinseltown.
The 33-year-old point guard is hoping to get back into his All-Star form after missing most of last season with a knee injury. He could be a better alternative for the Lakers than most point guards available in the market right now.
The Heat would be more than willing to send him to L.A., as they are looking to trade Dragic to free up cap space.
The 11-year veteran averaged 13.7 points, 3.1 rebounds and 4.8 assists last season.