- Report: Jimmy Butler Talks to Alonzo Mourning Every Day About Miami Heat Culture
- Kevin Love Suggests Jimmy Butler Working Out at 3:30 A.M. Was All for Show
- Jimmy Butler Explains When Tyler Herro Is Going to ‘Start to Shine’ in NBA
- Jimmy Butler Can’t Stop Smiling While Talking About Tyler Herro: Miami’s Going to Fall in Love With Him
- Tyler Herro Proceeds to Hit Nasty Step-Back 3-Pointer for 1st Miami Heat Bucket
- Report: Miami Heat Were ‘Forced’ to Listen to Propaganda During Team Visit to China
- Pat Riley Says Jimmy Butler Had ‘Perfect’ 1st Week With Miami Heat
- Justise Winslow Suggests Miami Heat’s Offense ‘More Complex and Complicated’ This Year
- Report: Jimmy Butler Requested Trade Out of Minnesota Due to Andrew Wiggins Receiving Contract Extension
- Erik Spoelstra Says Jimmy Butler Has Miami Heat DNA, Was ‘Meant to Play Here’
Report: Jimmy Butler Talks to Alonzo Mourning Every Day About Miami Heat Culture
- Updated: October 10, 2019
According to Jorge Sedano, who recently spoke on ESPN’s “The Jump,” Butler spends time daily to speak with the Heat legend to learn from someone who epitomizes the culture that the franchise has established over the years.
Sedano shared what he heard from Butler during an interview with Heat play-by-play announcer Eric Reid.
“[Reid] talked about how every day [Butler] talks to Alonzo Mourning because Alonzo is the vice president with the team. He’s at every practice,” Sedano said. “He’s just picking his brain on the culture, the way things are done there, how to handle the players because he’s more familiar with them than Jimmy is. And Jimmy is really trying to understand from ‘Zo how to be that leader, in that particular organization.”
Butler could not have picked a better former Heat superstar to listen to than Mourning, who was considered one of the most hardworking players in the league during his heyday. Mourning is now an executive with the team and he may have something to do with Butler embracing the organization’s culture so easily.