- Report: Miami Heat have shown interest in Larry Nance Jr.
- Antoine Walker rips Brooklyn Nets’ decision to trade for James Harden: ‘You can’t win with his style’
- Report: Miami Heat are monitoring Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns
- Report: Miami Heat have registered ‘serious interest’ in Blake Griffin
- Report: John Wall and Kyle Lowry are ‘potential targets’ for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
Report: Jimmy Butler Talks to Alonzo Mourning Every Day About Miami Heat Culture
- Updated: October 10, 2019
According to Jorge Sedano, who recently spoke on ESPN’s “The Jump,” Butler spends time daily to speak with the Heat legend to learn from someone who epitomizes the culture that the franchise has established over the years.
Sedano shared what he heard from Butler during an interview with Heat play-by-play announcer Eric Reid.
“[Reid] talked about how every day [Butler] talks to Alonzo Mourning because Alonzo is the vice president with the team. He’s at every practice,” Sedano said. “He’s just picking his brain on the culture, the way things are done there, how to handle the players because he’s more familiar with them than Jimmy is. And Jimmy is really trying to understand from ‘Zo how to be that leader, in that particular organization.”
Butler could not have picked a better former Heat superstar to listen to than Mourning, who was considered one of the most hardworking players in the league during his heyday. Mourning is now an executive with the team and he may have something to do with Butler embracing the organization’s culture so easily.