- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
Report: Jimmy Butler Showed Incredible Bond With Miami Heat Teammates With Selfless Birthday Act
- Updated: September 18, 2020
Monday was his 31st birthday, and instead of making it about him, Butler made it about his teammates.
Jimmy Butler bought his teammates a gourmet dinner for his own birthday Monday.
His chef prepared it.
Jimmy dislikes his birthday so he had his @MiamiHEAT teammates come in,get the delicious food,take it to their rooms and eat. “I love y’all..let’s get this ring”.#HEATTwitter
— MarkJonesESPN (@MarkJonesESPN) September 18, 2020
Thanks to Butler’s arrival, the Heat have emerged once again as title contenders.
The former Marquette University star is perfect for the Heat culture that was originally fostered by team president Pat Riley.
Butler’s confrontational leadership style was feared and criticized in the past, but in Miami it has not just been accepted, it’s been embraced.
His penchant for dominating in crunch time has put the Heat two wins away from a trip to the NBA Finals.
It was Butler’s heroics that carried them past the Milwaukee Bucks and has now helped them take a 2-0 series lead over the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals.