- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Report: Jimmy Butler Has Reiterated Trade Request to Tom Thibodeau After Returning to Minnesota
- Updated: October 9, 2018
Jimmy Butler, upon his return to Minnesota, doubled down on his trade request while meeting with Minnesota Timberwolves head coach Tom Thibodeau.
He confirmed again to Thibodeau his eagerness to leave Minnesota and pursue a new future with another organization.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) October 9, 2018
As expected, the All-Star remains steadfast in his readiness to leave Thibodeau, the Timberwolves and his past behind. Butler and Thibodeau worked together while in the Chicago Bulls organization before meeting up again in Minnesota.
The Houston, Texas native previously mentioned his desire to be traded to a handful of teams, and the Miami Heat topped that list. Drafted as the 30th pick in the 2011 draft by the Bulls, the Marquette University star has become a top player in the league.
Last year, the 29-year-old veteran averaged 22.2 points, 4.9 assists and 5.3 rebounds per game. With his help, the Timberwolves were able to secure the final playoff spot in the Western Conference, but were bounced by the Houston Rockets after five games. If Thibodeau and the Timberwolves don’t make a deal, then Butler would again be a vital piece to the Timberwolves’ playoff aspirations.
Even though Butler has returned to Minnesota, a trade could still be looming on the horizon as the Timberwolves and Heat continue soft discussions. Expect for these fluid trade talks to swing back and forth as the season nears and teams ratchet up their preparations for the regular season.