- Tyler Herro’s Latest Social Media Activity Teases That Return May Be on Horizon
- Report: NBA to Close Locker Rooms to Media Amidst Coronavirus Fears
- Report: Jae Crowder Expected to Return Wednesday vs. Charlotte Hornets
- Bradley Beal Reveals Major Reason Why He Wouldn’t Want to Join Miami Heat
- Video: Bam Adebayo Rocks Bradley Beal Jersey After Game vs. Washington Wizards
- Report: Erik Spoelstra Gives Optimistic Update on Jimmy Butler’s Latest Foot Injury
- Derrick Jones Jr. on Defending Bigger Players: ‘I Ain’t Got No Fear for No Man’
- Jae Crowder Unveils New Nickname for Duo of Him and Jimmy Butler
- Dion Waiters Not Worried About Fitting in With Lakers, Says He’s Always Had ‘Bond’ With LeBron James
- Dwyane Wade Shouts Out Chris Paul for Being Best Clutch Player in League
Report: Houston Rockets Source Says Carmelo Anthony Would’ve Been Better Off in Miami
- Updated: October 16, 2019
Instead, Anthony reached a veteran minimum deal with the Houston Rockets. He then played 10 forgettable games for the franchise during the regular season before he was shut down for good.
According to ESPN’s Baxter Holmes, a Rockets source believes Anthony would have fit better in Miami than in Houston.
“I feel awful that it ended the way it did,” the source said. “He would have been better off either going to Miami or just not playing. But those 10 games … basically ruined him.”
The former scoring champ averaged a career-low 13.4 points and 5.4 rebounds per game during the 2018-19 season.
Regardless of how his Rockets stint played out, Anthony was hoping he would still find employment elsewhere, especially since he was a career 20-point scorer. But no team gave him the chance to show he still had something left in the tank, not even the Heat.
Wade and Anthony are close friends, but the two did not get the opportunity to play on the same team the way the former Heat star and LeBron James were able to.
With the Heat going through a transition period last season as Wade was about to retire, seeing him get a chance to play with another one of his close buddies would have been quite special.