- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Report: Houston Rockets Source Says Carmelo Anthony Would’ve Been Better Off in Miami
- Updated: October 16, 2019
Instead, Anthony reached a veteran minimum deal with the Houston Rockets. He then played 10 forgettable games for the franchise during the regular season before he was shut down for good.
According to ESPN’s Baxter Holmes, a Rockets source believes Anthony would have fit better in Miami than in Houston.
“I feel awful that it ended the way it did,” the source said. “He would have been better off either going to Miami or just not playing. But those 10 games … basically ruined him.”
The former scoring champ averaged a career-low 13.4 points and 5.4 rebounds per game during the 2018-19 season.
Regardless of how his Rockets stint played out, Anthony was hoping he would still find employment elsewhere, especially since he was a career 20-point scorer. But no team gave him the chance to show he still had something left in the tank, not even the Heat.
Wade and Anthony are close friends, but the two did not get the opportunity to play on the same team the way the former Heat star and LeBron James were able to.
With the Heat going through a transition period last season as Wade was about to retire, seeing him get a chance to play with another one of his close buddies would have been quite special.