- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Report: Heat Looking to Package Wayne Ellington and Josh McRoberts in Trade
- Updated: February 23, 2017
— Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixYS) February 23, 2017
Ellington is earning around $6 million this season and can be wiped off of Miami’s books before free agency rolls around. That’s because the shooting guard’s $6.3 million contract for next season is non-guaranteed and can be cleared off the team’s balance sheet if he’s waived before the league’s negotiating moratorium ends this summer.
McRoberts on the other hand has had an injury-plagued career since his arrival in South Beach and it doesn’t seem like the Heat have plans to keep him around as they look to build towards the future. The power forward has played in just 81 games in two-and-a-half seasons with the Heat.
The NBA trade deadline is Thursday, Feb. 23 at 3 pm E.T., so we’ll see soon enough if Heat president Pat Riley decides to pull the trigger on some type of deal.