- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
Report: Heat Looking to Package Wayne Ellington and Josh McRoberts in Trade
- Updated: February 23, 2017
— Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixYS) February 23, 2017
Ellington is earning around $6 million this season and can be wiped off of Miami’s books before free agency rolls around. That’s because the shooting guard’s $6.3 million contract for next season is non-guaranteed and can be cleared off the team’s balance sheet if he’s waived before the league’s negotiating moratorium ends this summer.
McRoberts on the other hand has had an injury-plagued career since his arrival in South Beach and it doesn’t seem like the Heat have plans to keep him around as they look to build towards the future. The power forward has played in just 81 games in two-and-a-half seasons with the Heat.
The NBA trade deadline is Thursday, Feb. 23 at 3 pm E.T., so we’ll see soon enough if Heat president Pat Riley decides to pull the trigger on some type of deal.