- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
- Bam Adebayo issues strong message to ‘switch that narrative’ of Jimmy Butler calling out Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat big man remembers Dwyane Wade displaying Michael ‘Jordan-esque’ tendencies early in career
- Report: Miami Heat expect Victor Oladipo to return from knee injury this season
- Jimmy Butler delivers blunt message to Bam Adebayo: ‘Attack the rim…play bully ball’
Report: Heat Have Leveled Playing Field with Mavs in Whiteside Sweepstakes
- Updated: July 1, 2016
A late night development was delivered by Adrian Wojnarowski that should bring excitement to all Miami Heat fans.
Woj tweeted about the meeting that took place in New York early this morning with Heat management and Hassan Whiteside.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) July 1, 2016
Before the meeting, it seemed that the Dallas Mavericks were well on their way to making Whiteside the first big free-agent splash of the offseason. A report from Shams Charania of The Vertical, announcing that an agreement was not reached after their meeting ended, only made Heat fans more resigned to the fact that Hassan was on his way out.
Whiteside followed his meeting with Pat Riley by going to hear out what the Mavericks had to offer. Consequently, the Heat seemed to have pulled even with Dallas in this race to win over Hassan.
Mark Cuban isn’t going to be able to scoop Whiteside right out of Miami just yet. He’s going to have to face off with Riley, who clearly just stole the momentum back in the Heat’s favor.