- Report: Miami Heat willing to pay ‘going rate for elite shooters’ when Duncan Robinson becomes free agent
- Report: Avery Bradley to return, Goran Dragic out vs. Denver Nuggets
- Report: NBA officials believe Duncan Robinson will get $15-20M annually in free agency
- Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
Report: Heat Have Leveled Playing Field with Mavs in Whiteside Sweepstakes
- Updated: July 1, 2016
A late night development was delivered by Adrian Wojnarowski that should bring excitement to all Miami Heat fans.
Woj tweeted about the meeting that took place in New York early this morning with Heat management and Hassan Whiteside.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) July 1, 2016
Before the meeting, it seemed that the Dallas Mavericks were well on their way to making Whiteside the first big free-agent splash of the offseason. A report from Shams Charania of The Vertical, announcing that an agreement was not reached after their meeting ended, only made Heat fans more resigned to the fact that Hassan was on his way out.
Whiteside followed his meeting with Pat Riley by going to hear out what the Mavericks had to offer. Consequently, the Heat seemed to have pulled even with Dallas in this race to win over Hassan.
Mark Cuban isn’t going to be able to scoop Whiteside right out of Miami just yet. He’s going to have to face off with Riley, who clearly just stole the momentum back in the Heat’s favor.