- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
Report: Hassan Whiteside Left Miami Meeting Without Agreement
- Updated: July 1, 2016
The Hassan Whiteside free-agency saga continues.
Whiteside left his meeting with the Miami Heat early Friday morning without having reached an agreement according to Shams Charania of The Vertical.
Miami left its meeting with center Hassan Whiteside without an agreement, sources tell The Vertical. Dallas next up in New York.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 1, 2016
The two sides have had noted differences because Miami is hesitant to offer Whiteside a full max deal. However, some recent developments also might have Whiteside uncertain about signing with the Heat.
Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald and Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical reported that the Heat were exploring adding “protections” in its contract just in case “he went off the rails.” Naturally, this isn’t something Whiteside would be too thrilled about.
The 7-footer is holding meetings with possible suitors at an undisclosed location in New York, and after leaving his Miami meeting he is expected to go meet with Mark Cuban and the Dallas Mavericks.