- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
Report: Former Miami Heat Coach Juwan Howard Emerging as Candidate for NBA Head Coaching Vacancies
- Updated: August 24, 2020
ESPN Sources: A possible NBA coaching candidate whose name is gaining traction within front offices: Michigan coach Juwan Howard. Howard has an obviously strong resume as a player and later an assistant under Erik Spoelstra. He interviewed for Lakers, Cavs before taking UM job.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) August 24, 2020
Howard, 47, is currently the head coach of the men’s basketball team at the University of Michigan.
The former All-Star had a lengthy career in the NBA. He played 19 seasons in the league before taking on an assistant coaching position with the Heat.
Howard picked up a couple of championships as a player with the Heat in 2012 and 2013.
Over the course of his playing career in the NBA, the veteran averaged 13.4 points, 6.1 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game.
Before returning to the college level to coach, Howard interviewed for several coaching vacancies in the NBA. The Detroit Pistons, Cleveland Cavaliers and Los Angeles Lakers are a few teams that looked into adding Howard in the past.
Now, more and more head coaching jobs are opening up. The Brooklyn Nets, New Orleans Pelicans and potentially Philadelphia 76ers are few teams that could look to tap on Howard.