- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Chris Silva to Two-Way Contract
- Updated: October 18, 2019
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) October 19, 2019
After the Heat’s last preseason game against the Houston Rockets, Silva talked to the Associated Press’ Tim Reynolds about the signing.
“Receiving that news was really emotional,” said Silva. “I’m a guy that goes day by day, so I didn’t try to think about it. Just work day by day and whatever happens, happens. I know I am going to be in Sioux Falls. Just embrace the process and just keep working hard and try to improve one percent.”
The 23-year-old appeared in all five preseason games for the Heat, averaging 5.2 points and 3.8 rebounds in 9.8 minutes per game.
Silva is an undrafted rookie from the University of South Carolina. The Gabonese native spent four years in college, averaging 11.3 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game.
Silva will be able to spend a total of no more than 45 days with the Heat throughout the course of the season. The rest of his time will be spent the Heat’s G League affiliate, the Sioux Falls Skyforce, where he will be sure to gets lots of playing time and opportunities to develop his game.