- Jayson Tatum lets people know Boston Celtics are still losing series to Miami Heat
- Boston Celtics forward gushes about ‘explosive’ and ‘super talented’ Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat GM on What Stood Out About Bam Adebayo During Draft Workout That Was ‘Extraordinary’
- Duncan Robinson Heaps Massive Praise Upon Emergence of Tyler Herro in Playoffs
- Jae Crowder Hints at Critical Offensive Changes for Miami Heat Ahead of Game 4
- Meyers Leonard Finally Opens Up on Losing Spot in Miami Heat’s Playoff Rotation
- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Anthony Davis’ Game-Winner vs. Denver Nuggets
- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Chris Silva to Two-Way Contract
- Updated: October 18, 2019
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) October 19, 2019
After the Heat’s last preseason game against the Houston Rockets, Silva talked to the Associated Press’ Tim Reynolds about the signing.
“Receiving that news was really emotional,” said Silva. “I’m a guy that goes day by day, so I didn’t try to think about it. Just work day by day and whatever happens, happens. I know I am going to be in Sioux Falls. Just embrace the process and just keep working hard and try to improve one percent.”
The 23-year-old appeared in all five preseason games for the Heat, averaging 5.2 points and 3.8 rebounds in 9.8 minutes per game.
Silva is an undrafted rookie from the University of South Carolina. The Gabonese native spent four years in college, averaging 11.3 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game.
Silva will be able to spend a total of no more than 45 days with the Heat throughout the course of the season. The rest of his time will be spent the Heat’s G League affiliate, the Sioux Falls Skyforce, where he will be sure to gets lots of playing time and opportunities to develop his game.