- Report: Miami Heat ‘Most Dangerous Team’ to Make Deal Going Forward
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving Laud Tyler Herro With Words of Praise
- Hassan Whiteside Dedicates Social Media Post to Former Miami Heat Teammates
- Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Report: Duncan Robinson Considered ‘Near Lock’ to Participate in 3-Point Contest
- Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson React to Contracts With Miami Heat Becoming Fully Guaranteed
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat Not Displaying ‘Culture We Pride Ourselves On’
- Hassan Whiteside Expecting Boos From Miami Heat Crowd in Return Contest
- Jimmy Butler Heavily Criticizes Miami Heat’s Effort and Attitude After Loss to Orlando Magic
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Chris Silva to Two-Way Contract
- Updated: October 18, 2019
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) October 19, 2019
After the Heat’s last preseason game against the Houston Rockets, Silva talked to the Associated Press’ Tim Reynolds about the signing.
“Receiving that news was really emotional,” said Silva. “I’m a guy that goes day by day, so I didn’t try to think about it. Just work day by day and whatever happens, happens. I know I am going to be in Sioux Falls. Just embrace the process and just keep working hard and try to improve one percent.”
The 23-year-old appeared in all five preseason games for the Heat, averaging 5.2 points and 3.8 rebounds in 9.8 minutes per game.
Silva is an undrafted rookie from the University of South Carolina. The Gabonese native spent four years in college, averaging 11.3 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game.
Silva will be able to spend a total of no more than 45 days with the Heat throughout the course of the season. The rest of his time will be spent the Heat’s G League affiliate, the Sioux Falls Skyforce, where he will be sure to gets lots of playing time and opportunities to develop his game.