- Sports Illustrated Ranks Jimmy Butler No. 11 Player in NBA for 2019-20 Season
- Miami Heat Teammates Respond to Tyler Herro’s Inspiring Hype Video
- Goran Dragic Questions Legitimacy of FIBA World Cup
- Report: Dwyane Wade ‘Disappointed’ No Team Has Signed Carmelo Anthony
- Miami Heat News: Heat Exercise Fourth-Year Option on Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat News: American Airlines Arena to Change Name Starting Next Season
- Tyler Herro Agrees That He’ll Be NBA Rookie With ‘Most Drip’
- Goran Dragic Says Surgically Repaired Knee ‘Way Stronger’ Than Last Season
- Dwyane Wade Discusses Why He Absolutely ‘Had to Bring a Championship’ to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Seriously Interested in Owning NFL Team With Rick Ross
Report: Blake Griffin Prefers to Be Traded to Heat, Knicks, Mavericks or Nuggets
- Updated: January 29, 2019
The Miami Heat are looking to get involved in the warming trade market before the Feb. 7 deadline, and a star player they may want to consider targeting is Detroit Pistons power forward Blake Griffin.
According to a Monday report, Griffin is unhappy in Detroit and Miami could very likely be one of his preferred destinations along with the New York Knicks, Dallas Mavericks and Denver Nuggets.
Earlier this season, the Heat missed out on an opportunity to trade for All-Star small forward Jimmy Butler. Managing to trade for Griffin would certainly help fill the void that exists in Miami for a true superstar.
At the moment, Griffin is having one of the best statistical seasons of his career, averaging 26.5 points (career-high), 8.1 rebounds, and 5.2 assists per game. While the Heat undeniably have a stable of talented players who are able to get hot on a game-to-game basis, there is no one currently on the roster who can produce at that level night in and night out.
If the Heat were able to trade for Griffin without parting ways with members of their young and talented core, they could quickly become serious contenders in the Eastern Conference.