- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
- Video: Donovan Mitchell fanboys over Bam Adebayo as star duo works out together
- Bam Adebayo shares emotional story of growing up in trailer after earning max contract
- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
Report: Miami Heat ‘would hang the phone up’ if Bam Adebayo was asked for in trade
- Updated: October 26, 2020
In fact, Miami essentially considers its rising star untouchable, according to The Athletic’s Zach Harper.
“Adebayo is pretty much off the board,” Harper wrote. “A league source tells The Athletic that the Heat ‘would hang the phone up with F-bombs ringing through the disconnected call’ if someone demanded Adebayo in a deal.”
It seems like Adebayo’s future will be in Miami.
The University of Kentucky product is entering the final year of his rookie contract, but it looks like Miami has no intention of letting him walk.
Adebayo was a first-time All-Star this past season.
He showed monumental improvement across the board, averaging career-highs in points (15.9), rebounds (10.2), assists (5.1) and blocks (1.3) per game.
The Heat have a solid star duo in Adebayo and Jimmy Butler, and they have plenty of depth around them as well.
Heat fans can rest assured that Adebayo will be in South Beach for the long haul.