- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Miami Heat Rumors: Team Wanted to Trade 1st-Round Pick in Exchange for Erik Spoelstra
- Updated: October 18, 2018
On Thursday’s edition of “The Woj Pod,” which featured host Adrian Wojnarowski and guest Zach Lowe, the two discussed the emergence of Spoelstra and how he’s been underappreciated through his years.
In fact, according to Lowe, one team actually was interested in trading its own first-round draft pick for the future Hall of Fame coach:
“I had a team reach out to me in the middle of last season saying, ‘Do you think the Heat would trade us Erik Spoelstra for our first-round pick?'”
Sine his induction as head coach of the Heat, Spoelstra has had some tall tasks assigned to him. First, he was asked to manage the collective egos of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh. Then, he was asked to uplift a gutted team after James’ departure in 2014.
Spoelstra not only managed to keep the team in order, but he also brought home back-to-back championships for the city of Miami and continues to spearhead competitive Heat teams year in and year out.
True Heat fans know the value that Spoelstra has had within the organization for years now. Team president Pat Riley has fully entrusted Spoelstra to lead the team and will continue to do so into the distant future.