- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
Miami Heat Rumors: Team Wanted to Trade 1st-Round Pick in Exchange for Erik Spoelstra
- Updated: October 18, 2018
On Thursday’s edition of “The Woj Pod,” which featured host Adrian Wojnarowski and guest Zach Lowe, the two discussed the emergence of Spoelstra and how he’s been underappreciated through his years.
In fact, according to Lowe, one team actually was interested in trading its own first-round draft pick for the future Hall of Fame coach:
“I had a team reach out to me in the middle of last season saying, ‘Do you think the Heat would trade us Erik Spoelstra for our first-round pick?'”
Sine his induction as head coach of the Heat, Spoelstra has had some tall tasks assigned to him. First, he was asked to manage the collective egos of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh. Then, he was asked to uplift a gutted team after James’ departure in 2014.
Spoelstra not only managed to keep the team in order, but he also brought home back-to-back championships for the city of Miami and continues to spearhead competitive Heat teams year in and year out.
True Heat fans know the value that Spoelstra has had within the organization for years now. Team president Pat Riley has fully entrusted Spoelstra to lead the team and will continue to do so into the distant future.