- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Miami Heat Rumors: James Ennis at Risk of Being Cut
- Updated: September 6, 2015
According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the only incumbent Miami Heat player at risk of being cut is none other than James Ennis, who has a $845,059 salary becoming fully guaranteed on October 28. This of course depends on whether or not Mario Chalmers and/or Chris Andersen get traded.
Ennis, who disappointed in summer league, is fortunate that the Heat hasn’t used its roster spots on established veterans such as Rasual Butler, Will Bynum, Carlos Boozer, Ben Gordon, Willie Green, Jordan Hamilton, or Luke Ridnour.
Although the Heat players who have been signed to spots 16 through 19 are viewed as potential D-League players, forward Greg Whittington could challenge Ennis for that 15th and final spot on the roster.
It is also interesting to note that former Georgetown University center Joshua Smith will audition for the Heat this week.
Keep an eye out on Ennis for now, as the Heat are rumored to keep that 15th spot open until something better comes along.