- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Miami Heat Rumors: James Ennis at Risk of Being Cut
- Updated: September 6, 2015
According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the only incumbent Miami Heat player at risk of being cut is none other than James Ennis, who has a $845,059 salary becoming fully guaranteed on October 28. This of course depends on whether or not Mario Chalmers and/or Chris Andersen get traded.
Ennis, who disappointed in summer league, is fortunate that the Heat hasn’t used its roster spots on established veterans such as Rasual Butler, Will Bynum, Carlos Boozer, Ben Gordon, Willie Green, Jordan Hamilton, or Luke Ridnour.
Although the Heat players who have been signed to spots 16 through 19 are viewed as potential D-League players, forward Greg Whittington could challenge Ennis for that 15th and final spot on the roster.
It is also interesting to note that former Georgetown University center Joshua Smith will audition for the Heat this week.
Keep an eye out on Ennis for now, as the Heat are rumored to keep that 15th spot open until something better comes along.