- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Looking to Trade Jarnell Stokes for Second-Round Draft Pick
- Updated: February 14, 2016
The Miami Heat are looking to shed more salary at the trade deadline and one player looks to fit that bill more than anyone on the roster.
Jarnell Stokes—who was acquired by the Heat in a trade with the Memphis Grizzlies for Mario Chalmers back in November—figures to be on the trade block, according to Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald. Jackson states that the Heat are looking for a second-round draft pick in exchange for Stokes.
While the Heat may be looking to shed more salary, the more important reason of trading Stokes would be to create an open roster spot. The team is reportedly looking to add a three-point shooter at the trade deadline and trading away Stokes would make that move possible.
The 22-year-old Stokes has seen minimal playing time with the Heat, as he has made most of his impact in the D-League for the Sioux Falls Skyforce. He has bounced in and out of the 15-man active roster while playing in just five games for the Heat this year.