- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Looking to Trade Jarnell Stokes for Second-Round Draft Pick
- Updated: February 14, 2016
The Miami Heat are looking to shed more salary at the trade deadline and one player looks to fit that bill more than anyone on the roster.
Jarnell Stokes—who was acquired by the Heat in a trade with the Memphis Grizzlies for Mario Chalmers back in November—figures to be on the trade block, according to Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald. Jackson states that the Heat are looking for a second-round draft pick in exchange for Stokes.
While the Heat may be looking to shed more salary, the more important reason of trading Stokes would be to create an open roster spot. The team is reportedly looking to add a three-point shooter at the trade deadline and trading away Stokes would make that move possible.
The 22-year-old Stokes has seen minimal playing time with the Heat, as he has made most of his impact in the D-League for the Sioux Falls Skyforce. He has bounced in and out of the 15-man active roster while playing in just five games for the Heat this year.