- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Looking to Trade Jarnell Stokes for Second-Round Draft Pick
- Updated: February 14, 2016
The Miami Heat are looking to shed more salary at the trade deadline and one player looks to fit that bill more than anyone on the roster.
Jarnell Stokes—who was acquired by the Heat in a trade with the Memphis Grizzlies for Mario Chalmers back in November—figures to be on the trade block, according to Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald. Jackson states that the Heat are looking for a second-round draft pick in exchange for Stokes.
While the Heat may be looking to shed more salary, the more important reason of trading Stokes would be to create an open roster spot. The team is reportedly looking to add a three-point shooter at the trade deadline and trading away Stokes would make that move possible.
The 22-year-old Stokes has seen minimal playing time with the Heat, as he has made most of his impact in the D-League for the Sioux Falls Skyforce. He has bounced in and out of the 15-man active roster while playing in just five games for the Heat this year.