- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat to Explore Acquiring Andre Iguodala
- Updated: December 10, 2019
The Miami Heat may be 17-6, but it looks like their front office isn’t going to simply stand pat with their current roster.
According to a recent report, the Heat will look to explore acquiring swingman Andre Iguodala.
— Greg Leif Sylvander (@GregSylvander) December 10, 2019
Iguodala had spent the previous six seasons on the Golden State Warriors, making five straight trips to the NBA Finals. He was a key sixth man, who provided defense, ball-handling and transition buckets.
With the Warriors trailing 2-1 in the 2015 NBA Finals, Warriors head coach Steve Kerr inserted Iguodala into the starting lineup for Game 4. That move led to three straight wins and the NBA title, resulting in Iguodala becoming one of the few role players ever to win Finals MVP honors.
He was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies this past summer, but hasn’t played for them, as he’s looking to be moved to another team.
Although Iguodala is nearing his 36th birthday, he may have plenty left in the tank for one more championship run later this season.