- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Targeting Ray Allen
- Updated: July 31, 2014
After much speculation claiming that the Cleveland Cavaliers were front runners for the best three-point shooter of all time in Ray Allen, it looks like another team has emerged in the Allen sweepstakes, your very own Miami Heat.
Miami currently has 12 players on its roster and Heat President Pat Riley stated that the team is targeting a perimeter player to back up Dwyane Wade and a big man to supplement Chris Andersen, Udonis Haslem, and Josh McRoberts.
“Probably the one area we want to shore up, is adding another perimeter player. . . . But we’re not in a rush now. Probably another wing man and also another big,” said Riley.
However right now, the team’s top priority seems to be Allen. Riley has already touched base with Ray Allen’s agent and said, “We haven’t moved on. My conversations with his agent, I’ve been told he has not made a decision with anything.”
On the other hand, Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders has continually stated that Allen is leaning towards retirement and if anyone has a shot at obtaining him, its the Cavs.
“I can say what we’ve been told is Ray is done. But I think that’s far from decided officially. I think he is done for now and comes back in December or January. As for Cavs, who knows, people act like he and LeBron are life long friends. I think the Cavs have as good a shot as anyone.”
But before Allen decides to officially make any kind of decision, according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN, Allen plans to get an MRI on his legs first.
Ray Allen told Sina in China he planned to return Thurs. & get MRIs on his legs before making future decision. Numerous teams interested.
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) July 23, 2014
Whether Allen plans to retire, join forces with the Heat, or join LeBron James on the Cavs, one thing is for certain, everything is going to be under Ray’s terms.
“One thing is for certain, to [make a retirement decision] on my terms is the most important thing. Whether that is me retiring, staying here or going somewhere else, it will be on my terms. I’ve made it to this point, and I felt great that I have the choice to make it for myself.”