- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Udonis Haslem May Return Next Season to Continue to Mentor Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Details Troubling Childhood Moment When Cop Put Gun to His Head
- Dwyane Wade Sends Sincere Message to LeBron James at Retirement Ceremony
- Cardi B Emphatically Defends Dwyane Wade’s Transgender Child Zaya
- Video: Hardcore Miami Heat Fans Name Son After Dwyane Wade
- Dwyane Wade Reveals Most Important Thing Kobe Bryant Ever Told Him at Retirement Ceremony
- Miami Heat News: Miami-Dade County Declares Feb. 22 Dwyane Wade Day
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Showing Interest in Jameer Nelson
- Updated: February 12, 2015
Jameer Nelson may be headed for his fourth team this season after the Miami Heat have reportedly expressed interest in the veteran point guard per Shams Charania of RealGM.com.
Wizards, Heat have explored talks on Denver’s Jameer Nelson, sources tell RealGM. Cleveland had interest with Nelson in Boston; not since.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 12, 2015
The Heat are currently fighting for their playoff lives and could use a spark via the trade deadline, especially at the point guard position. Nelson has missed his last three games due to a sore Achilles, but he might just be what the Heat desperately need, as the team’s backcourt has severely underachieved so far this season.
Nelson has averaged 7.5 points and 4.5 assists on 37% shooting so far this season. However, since being traded to the Denver Nuggets, he has found new life averaging 9.4 points in just 21.7 minutes per game. Nelson is currently making $2.7 million and owns a $2.9 million player option for next season.
Mario Chalmers has held his own this season, but Norris Cole and Shabazz Napier have struggled in adjusting to their bigger offensive roles. Cole’s name is being brought up as part of a potential deal for Nelson after being linked to the Charlotte Hornets, Detroit Pistons, and Brooklyn Nets in several trade talks.
Why Norris Cole’s $2M could be dealt for cap space: The likes of Jameer Nelson now there possibly for the vet minimum.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) June 30, 2014
A gunner by nature, Nelson may just bring the scoring that vaults the Heat towards making some real noise after the All-Star break and into the playoffs.