- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Listening to Trade Offers for Hassan Whiteside
- Updated: February 10, 2016
While the Heat are open to trading the 26-year-old center, there are a couple of problems that exist that will make it very hard for the team to trade Whiteside. One of the issues is that his salary of $981,348 makes it nearly impossible to trade him without attaching other players to the deal.
Secondly, Whiteside will become a free agent in 2016. It leaves very little reason for a contender with valuable pieces to trade for Whiteside when there is no guarantee he will re-sign with that particular team after the conclusion of the 2015-16 season.
While the young center is dazzling with his stat line of 12.2 points, 11.0 rebounds and 3.9 blocks per game, advanced statistics don’t portray as nice of a picture—opponents are shooting 47.9 percent at the rim versus the 7-foot Whiteside. It is a number that would be lower if Whiteside didn’t spend as much time trying to swat shots.
The team has also dealt with numerous on-court incidents with the young center during his one-and-a-half year run with the Heat. The former second-round draft pick purposely elbowed San Antonio Spurs center Boban Marjanovic in the fourth quarter of a 119-101 loss on Tuesday night. Following the incident, the team sent Whiteside home.
The Heat may be just gauging trade interest for their young center, but don’t be surprised if Pat Riley is able to conjure up a trade scenario that sees Whiteside leave South Beach before the trade deadline.