- Dion Waiters Posts Incredible Fitness Update, Sends Message to His Haters
- Report: Miami Heat Want Both of Their 1st-Round Picks Back in Any Chris Paul Deal
- Jimmy Butler Rated 16th Best Player as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Interested in Power Forward Carlos Boozer
- Updated: July 1, 2015
As the 2015 NBA free agency period kicked off earlier this morning, the Miami Heat have shown an aggressive pursuit in re-signing players on their current roster.
However, adding a veteran player in the frontcourt for bench depth is an area that could very well be addressed, as the Heat are rumored to have interested in former Los Angeles Lakers power forward Carlos Boozer.
Carlos Boozer has received interest today from Spurs, Lakers, Heat and Clippers, sources told ESPN.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) July 1, 2015
Boozer, who is a 13-year veteran in the NBA and two-time All-Star, would be a great addition to a Heat team that has been at the bottom of the league for the past few years in terms of rebounding efficiency.
In his lone year for the Lakers during the 2014-15 season, Boozer primarily sustained a bench role but put up solid numbers. In 71 games (26 starts), the power forward averaged 11.8 points and 6.8 rebounds in only 23.8 minutes per game.