- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Interested in Power Forward Carlos Boozer
- Updated: July 1, 2015
As the 2015 NBA free agency period kicked off earlier this morning, the Miami Heat have shown an aggressive pursuit in re-signing players on their current roster.
However, adding a veteran player in the frontcourt for bench depth is an area that could very well be addressed, as the Heat are rumored to have interested in former Los Angeles Lakers power forward Carlos Boozer.
Carlos Boozer has received interest today from Spurs, Lakers, Heat and Clippers, sources told ESPN.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) July 1, 2015
Boozer, who is a 13-year veteran in the NBA and two-time All-Star, would be a great addition to a Heat team that has been at the bottom of the league for the past few years in terms of rebounding efficiency.
In his lone year for the Lakers during the 2014-15 season, Boozer primarily sustained a bench role but put up solid numbers. In 71 games (26 starts), the power forward averaged 11.8 points and 6.8 rebounds in only 23.8 minutes per game.