- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Interested in Power Forward Carlos Boozer
- Updated: July 1, 2015
As the 2015 NBA free agency period kicked off earlier this morning, the Miami Heat have shown an aggressive pursuit in re-signing players on their current roster.
However, adding a veteran player in the frontcourt for bench depth is an area that could very well be addressed, as the Heat are rumored to have interested in former Los Angeles Lakers power forward Carlos Boozer.
Carlos Boozer has received interest today from Spurs, Lakers, Heat and Clippers, sources told ESPN.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) July 1, 2015
Boozer, who is a 13-year veteran in the NBA and two-time All-Star, would be a great addition to a Heat team that has been at the bottom of the league for the past few years in terms of rebounding efficiency.
In his lone year for the Lakers during the 2014-15 season, Boozer primarily sustained a bench role but put up solid numbers. In 71 games (26 starts), the power forward averaged 11.8 points and 6.8 rebounds in only 23.8 minutes per game.