- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Interested in Power Forward Carlos Boozer
- Updated: July 1, 2015
As the 2015 NBA free agency period kicked off earlier this morning, the Miami Heat have shown an aggressive pursuit in re-signing players on their current roster.
However, adding a veteran player in the frontcourt for bench depth is an area that could very well be addressed, as the Heat are rumored to have interested in former Los Angeles Lakers power forward Carlos Boozer.
Carlos Boozer has received interest today from Spurs, Lakers, Heat and Clippers, sources told ESPN.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) July 1, 2015
Boozer, who is a 13-year veteran in the NBA and two-time All-Star, would be a great addition to a Heat team that has been at the bottom of the league for the past few years in terms of rebounding efficiency.
In his lone year for the Lakers during the 2014-15 season, Boozer primarily sustained a bench role but put up solid numbers. In 71 games (26 starts), the power forward averaged 11.8 points and 6.8 rebounds in only 23.8 minutes per game.