- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Interested in Center JaVale McGee
- Updated: March 3, 2015
After acquring both Goran and Zoran Dragic from the Phoenix Suns, it looks like the Miami Heat front office isn’t done dealing just yet.
According to Marc Stein of ESPN, the Heat have shown interest in acquiring 7’0″ JaVale McGee, who will clear waivers on Wednesday.
Hearing Heat also have a level of interest in free agent-to-be JaVale McGee
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) March 3, 2015
Although many have attributed McGee to Shaquille O’Neal’s infamous “Shaqtin’ A Fool” segment, make no mistake, McGee has the physical tools to be a top-tier defensive center in this league.
When given minutes, McGee can produce, as evidenced by his 2011-12 season with the Wasington Wizards when he was averaging 11.9 points, 8.8 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks per game.
It’s true that McGee has been a no show this season, but given the right guidance and environment, there’s no doubt that McGee could blossom as the Heat’s primary backup center.