- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Interested in Center JaVale McGee
- Updated: March 3, 2015
After acquring both Goran and Zoran Dragic from the Phoenix Suns, it looks like the Miami Heat front office isn’t done dealing just yet.
According to Marc Stein of ESPN, the Heat have shown interest in acquiring 7’0″ JaVale McGee, who will clear waivers on Wednesday.
Hearing Heat also have a level of interest in free agent-to-be JaVale McGee
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) March 3, 2015
Although many have attributed McGee to Shaquille O’Neal’s infamous “Shaqtin’ A Fool” segment, make no mistake, McGee has the physical tools to be a top-tier defensive center in this league.
When given minutes, McGee can produce, as evidenced by his 2011-12 season with the Wasington Wizards when he was averaging 11.9 points, 8.8 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks per game.
It’s true that McGee has been a no show this season, but given the right guidance and environment, there’s no doubt that McGee could blossom as the Heat’s primary backup center.