- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Interested in Center JaVale McGee
- Updated: March 3, 2015
After acquring both Goran and Zoran Dragic from the Phoenix Suns, it looks like the Miami Heat front office isn’t done dealing just yet.
According to Marc Stein of ESPN, the Heat have shown interest in acquiring 7’0″ JaVale McGee, who will clear waivers on Wednesday.
Hearing Heat also have a level of interest in free agent-to-be JaVale McGee
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) March 3, 2015
Although many have attributed McGee to Shaquille O’Neal’s infamous “Shaqtin’ A Fool” segment, make no mistake, McGee has the physical tools to be a top-tier defensive center in this league.
When given minutes, McGee can produce, as evidenced by his 2011-12 season with the Wasington Wizards when he was averaging 11.9 points, 8.8 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks per game.
It’s true that McGee has been a no show this season, but given the right guidance and environment, there’s no doubt that McGee could blossom as the Heat’s primary backup center.