- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Have Emerged as Frontrunner to Sign Joe Johnson
- Updated: February 26, 2016
The status of former Brooklyn Nets guard Joe Johnson will remain up in the air until at least Saturday at 5 p.m., but one report indicates that the Miami Heat have emerged as the frontrunner to sign the 34-year-old veteran guard.
That information comes from a tweet posted by ESPN’s Chris Broussard on Friday afternoon:
Source: Miami Heat have emerged as the frontrunner to sign Joe Johnson. JJ feels he'd have a larger role & more meaningful minutes with Heat
— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) February 26, 2016
Johnson will officially clear waivers on Saturday afternoon, with a number of teams vying for his services. One of the main rivals against the Heat in this pursuit are the Cleveland Cavaliers, who are looking for more depth in their backcourt.
Another factor in Johnson’s final decision may be based on how much money a team will be able to pay him for the remainder of this season after he accepted the Nets’ buyout offer on Thursday.