- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Have Emerged as Frontrunner to Sign Joe Johnson
- Updated: February 26, 2016
The status of former Brooklyn Nets guard Joe Johnson will remain up in the air until at least Saturday at 5 p.m., but one report indicates that the Miami Heat have emerged as the frontrunner to sign the 34-year-old veteran guard.
That information comes from a tweet posted by ESPN’s Chris Broussard on Friday afternoon:
Source: Miami Heat have emerged as the frontrunner to sign Joe Johnson. JJ feels he'd have a larger role & more meaningful minutes with Heat
— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) February 26, 2016
Johnson will officially clear waivers on Saturday afternoon, with a number of teams vying for his services. One of the main rivals against the Heat in this pursuit are the Cleveland Cavaliers, who are looking for more depth in their backcourt.
Another factor in Johnson’s final decision may be based on how much money a team will be able to pay him for the remainder of this season after he accepted the Nets’ buyout offer on Thursday.