- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Have Emerged as Frontrunner to Sign Joe Johnson
- Updated: February 26, 2016
The status of former Brooklyn Nets guard Joe Johnson will remain up in the air until at least Saturday at 5 p.m., but one report indicates that the Miami Heat have emerged as the frontrunner to sign the 34-year-old veteran guard.
That information comes from a tweet posted by ESPN’s Chris Broussard on Friday afternoon:
Source: Miami Heat have emerged as the frontrunner to sign Joe Johnson. JJ feels he'd have a larger role & more meaningful minutes with Heat
— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) February 26, 2016
Johnson will officially clear waivers on Saturday afternoon, with a number of teams vying for his services. One of the main rivals against the Heat in this pursuit are the Cleveland Cavaliers, who are looking for more depth in their backcourt.
Another factor in Johnson’s final decision may be based on how much money a team will be able to pay him for the remainder of this season after he accepted the Nets’ buyout offer on Thursday.