- Video: Tyler Herro Spins Defender Out of Shoes in Scrimmage
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
- Several Miami Heat Players May Be Trying to Recruit John Wall via Instagram
- Miami Heat Rumors: Bam Adebayo’s Release From Team USA Was Not Basketball Related
- Dwyane Wade Gets Upset After Seeing His Wife Gabrielle Union Kiss Another Man
- Dion Waiters Reminds Tyler Herro to Say ‘F— It’ Amidst Low NBA 2K20 Overall Rating
- NBA Scout Thinks Miami Heat Could Miss Playoffs Even With Jimmy Butler
- Dwyane Wade Approves of Los Angeles Clippers’ Latest Addition
- Video: Justise Winslow Scrimmages With Several NBA Stars
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Signing Dynamic Wing to Exhibit 10 Contract
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Have Emerged as Frontrunner to Sign Joe Johnson
- Updated: February 26, 2016
The status of former Brooklyn Nets guard Joe Johnson will remain up in the air until at least Saturday at 5 p.m., but one report indicates that the Miami Heat have emerged as the frontrunner to sign the 34-year-old veteran guard.
That information comes from a tweet posted by ESPN’s Chris Broussard on Friday afternoon:
Source: Miami Heat have emerged as the frontrunner to sign Joe Johnson. JJ feels he'd have a larger role & more meaningful minutes with Heat
— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) February 26, 2016
Johnson will officially clear waivers on Saturday afternoon, with a number of teams vying for his services. One of the main rivals against the Heat in this pursuit are the Cleveland Cavaliers, who are looking for more depth in their backcourt.
Another factor in Johnson’s final decision may be based on how much money a team will be able to pay him for the remainder of this season after he accepted the Nets’ buyout offer on Thursday.