- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat ‘Aggressively’ Trying to Move Dion Waiters
- Updated: September 28, 2018
Chasing more right now, but we can report this with multiple league sources as a network:
Similar to what @LeBatardShow said this morning.
Different sources, I suspect.
— Five Reasons Sports Network (@5ReasonsSports) September 26, 2018
The Heat’s desire to move Waiters is not a surprise. He has struggled with turnovers and inconsistent shooting. His three-point accuracy fell from 39.5 percent in 2016-17 to 30.6 percent last season. He averaged a career-high 2.3 turnovers while appearing in just 30 games during an injury-shortened season.
Worse, Waiters reportedly showed up overweight to training camp and was mercilessly mocked on Twitter. The 26-year-old underwent ankle surgery this past January.
— Jay Young (@JayYoungMusic) September 26, 2018
— ☕netw3rk (@netw3rk) September 26, 2018
Despite the urge to move Waiters and acquire Butler, it’s unlikely that the Heat would send the journeyman up north. Minnesota currently has plenty of depth at the guard positions in Jeff Teague, Tyus Jones, and Derrick Rose.