- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat ‘Aggressively’ Trying to Move Dion Waiters
- Updated: September 28, 2018
Chasing more right now, but we can report this with multiple league sources as a network:
Similar to what @LeBatardShow said this morning.
Different sources, I suspect.
— Five Reasons Sports Network (@5ReasonsSports) September 26, 2018
The Heat’s desire to move Waiters is not a surprise. He has struggled with turnovers and inconsistent shooting. His three-point accuracy fell from 39.5 percent in 2016-17 to 30.6 percent last season. He averaged a career-high 2.3 turnovers while appearing in just 30 games during an injury-shortened season.
Worse, Waiters reportedly showed up overweight to training camp and was mercilessly mocked on Twitter. The 26-year-old underwent ankle surgery this past January.
— Jay Young (@JayYoungMusic) September 26, 2018
— ☕netw3rk (@netw3rk) September 26, 2018
Despite the urge to move Waiters and acquire Butler, it’s unlikely that the Heat would send the journeyman up north. Minnesota currently has plenty of depth at the guard positions in Jeff Teague, Tyus Jones, and Derrick Rose.