- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat ‘Aggressively’ Trying to Move Dion Waiters
- Updated: September 28, 2018
Chasing more right now, but we can report this with multiple league sources as a network:
Similar to what @LeBatardShow said this morning.
Different sources, I suspect.
— Five Reasons Sports Network (@5ReasonsSports) September 26, 2018
The Heat’s desire to move Waiters is not a surprise. He has struggled with turnovers and inconsistent shooting. His three-point accuracy fell from 39.5 percent in 2016-17 to 30.6 percent last season. He averaged a career-high 2.3 turnovers while appearing in just 30 games during an injury-shortened season.
Worse, Waiters reportedly showed up overweight to training camp and was mercilessly mocked on Twitter. The 26-year-old underwent ankle surgery this past January.
— Jay Young (@JayYoungMusic) September 26, 2018
— ☕netw3rk (@netw3rk) September 26, 2018
Despite the urge to move Waiters and acquire Butler, it’s unlikely that the Heat would send the journeyman up north. Minnesota currently has plenty of depth at the guard positions in Jeff Teague, Tyus Jones, and Derrick Rose.