- Report: Miami Heat Have Interest in DeMarcus Cousins If Not Signed By Lakers
- Chris Paul Reveals Time When He, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Almost Teamed Up
- J.R. Smith Predicts Miami Heat Will Meet Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Finals
- Report: Jimmy Butler Questionable for Wednesday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bam Adebayo Joins Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Chris Webber With Masterful Performance
- 50 Cent Sparks Controversy After Sharing Tasteless Meme About Dwyane Wade’s Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Applauds Sabrina Ionescu’s ‘Unreal’ Accomplishment
- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat ‘Aggressively’ Trying to Move Dion Waiters
- Updated: September 28, 2018
Chasing more right now, but we can report this with multiple league sources as a network:
Similar to what @LeBatardShow said this morning.
Different sources, I suspect.
— Five Reasons Sports Network (@5ReasonsSports) September 26, 2018
The Heat’s desire to move Waiters is not a surprise. He has struggled with turnovers and inconsistent shooting. His three-point accuracy fell from 39.5 percent in 2016-17 to 30.6 percent last season. He averaged a career-high 2.3 turnovers while appearing in just 30 games during an injury-shortened season.
Worse, Waiters reportedly showed up overweight to training camp and was mercilessly mocked on Twitter. The 26-year-old underwent ankle surgery this past January.
— Jay Young (@JayYoungMusic) September 26, 2018
— ☕netw3rk (@netw3rk) September 26, 2018
Despite the urge to move Waiters and acquire Butler, it’s unlikely that the Heat would send the journeyman up north. Minnesota currently has plenty of depth at the guard positions in Jeff Teague, Tyus Jones, and Derrick Rose.