- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
- Several Miami Heat Players May Be Trying to Recruit John Wall via Instagram
- Miami Heat Rumors: Bam Adebayo’s Release From Team USA Was Not Basketball Related
- Dwyane Wade Gets Upset After Seeing His Wife Gabrielle Union Kiss Another Man
- Dion Waiters Reminds Tyler Herro to Say ‘F— It’ Amidst Low NBA 2K20 Overall Rating
- NBA Scout Thinks Miami Heat Could Miss Playoffs Even With Jimmy Butler
- Dwyane Wade Approves of Los Angeles Clippers’ Latest Addition
- Video: Justise Winslow Scrimmages With Several NBA Stars
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Signing Dynamic Wing to Exhibit 10 Contract
- James Harden and Russell Westbrook Show Dion Waiters Love via Social Media
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat ‘Aggressively’ Trying to Move Dion Waiters
- Updated: September 28, 2018
Chasing more right now, but we can report this with multiple league sources as a network:
Similar to what @LeBatardShow said this morning.
Different sources, I suspect.
— Five Reasons Sports Network (@5ReasonsSports) September 26, 2018
The Heat’s desire to move Waiters is not a surprise. He has struggled with turnovers and inconsistent shooting. His three-point accuracy fell from 39.5 percent in 2016-17 to 30.6 percent last season. He averaged a career-high 2.3 turnovers while appearing in just 30 games during an injury-shortened season.
Worse, Waiters reportedly showed up overweight to training camp and was mercilessly mocked on Twitter. The 26-year-old underwent ankle surgery this past January.
— Jay Young (@JayYoungMusic) September 26, 2018
— ☕netw3rk (@netw3rk) September 26, 2018
Despite the urge to move Waiters and acquire Butler, it’s unlikely that the Heat would send the journeyman up north. Minnesota currently has plenty of depth at the guard positions in Jeff Teague, Tyus Jones, and Derrick Rose.