- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Udonis Haslem May Return Next Season to Continue to Mentor Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Details Troubling Childhood Moment When Cop Put Gun to His Head
- Dwyane Wade Sends Sincere Message to LeBron James at Retirement Ceremony
- Cardi B Emphatically Defends Dwyane Wade’s Transgender Child Zaya
- Video: Hardcore Miami Heat Fans Name Son After Dwyane Wade
- Dwyane Wade Reveals Most Important Thing Kobe Bryant Ever Told Him at Retirement Ceremony
- Miami Heat News: Miami-Dade County Declares Feb. 22 Dwyane Wade Day
Miami Heat Rumors: Dion Waiters Suspended Due to Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Updated: December 15, 2019
While the reason behind the suspension had not be revealed up to this point, the cause is now beginning to crystalize.
Ethan Sklonick of FiveReasonsSports.com wrote about what he had heard from sources close to the situation.
“According to three sources, it was inspired by an Instagram post of Waiters hanging out on a boat during a time when the team was made to believe he was unavailable because he was sick,” Skolnick wrote. “Waiters’ Instagram account (@Waiters3), with more than 350,000 followers, is now private, and no such photo is currently still posted as a regular picture post or Instagram story. But apparently the Heat saw something that troubled them.”
Skolnick went on to explain that had this been the first offense by Waiters this season, it may not have merited a suspension. Given the multiple troubling events that have already occurred this season, however, it’s clear that the team felt it had to punish Waiters.
Now, with Waiters once again suspended, it looks like the Heat have now finally accepted the writing on the wall. Per a recent report, they are now committed to moving on from Waiters in the near future.
How they end up achieving that goal remains to be seen.