- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Miami Heat Rumors: Dion Waiters Suspended Due to Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Updated: December 15, 2019
While the reason behind the suspension had not be revealed up to this point, the cause is now beginning to crystalize.
Ethan Sklonick of FiveReasonsSports.com wrote about what he had heard from sources close to the situation.
“According to three sources, it was inspired by an Instagram post of Waiters hanging out on a boat during a time when the team was made to believe he was unavailable because he was sick,” Skolnick wrote. “Waiters’ Instagram account (@Waiters3), with more than 350,000 followers, is now private, and no such photo is currently still posted as a regular picture post or Instagram story. But apparently the Heat saw something that troubled them.”
Skolnick went on to explain that had this been the first offense by Waiters this season, it may not have merited a suspension. Given the multiple troubling events that have already occurred this season, however, it’s clear that the team felt it had to punish Waiters.
Now, with Waiters once again suspended, it looks like the Heat have now finally accepted the writing on the wall. Per a recent report, they are now committed to moving on from Waiters in the near future.
How they end up achieving that goal remains to be seen.