- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Boston Celtics consider not drafting Jimmy Butler ‘most painful miss’ in recent history
Miami Heat Rumors: Dion Waiters Suspended Due to Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Updated: December 15, 2019
While the reason behind the suspension had not be revealed up to this point, the cause is now beginning to crystalize.
Ethan Sklonick of FiveReasonsSports.com wrote about what he had heard from sources close to the situation.
“According to three sources, it was inspired by an Instagram post of Waiters hanging out on a boat during a time when the team was made to believe he was unavailable because he was sick,” Skolnick wrote. “Waiters’ Instagram account (@Waiters3), with more than 350,000 followers, is now private, and no such photo is currently still posted as a regular picture post or Instagram story. But apparently the Heat saw something that troubled them.”
Skolnick went on to explain that had this been the first offense by Waiters this season, it may not have merited a suspension. Given the multiple troubling events that have already occurred this season, however, it’s clear that the team felt it had to punish Waiters.
Now, with Waiters once again suspended, it looks like the Heat have now finally accepted the writing on the wall. Per a recent report, they are now committed to moving on from Waiters in the near future.
How they end up achieving that goal remains to be seen.