- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat Rumors: Dion Waiters Suspended Due to Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Updated: December 15, 2019
While the reason behind the suspension had not be revealed up to this point, the cause is now beginning to crystalize.
Ethan Sklonick of FiveReasonsSports.com wrote about what he had heard from sources close to the situation.
“According to three sources, it was inspired by an Instagram post of Waiters hanging out on a boat during a time when the team was made to believe he was unavailable because he was sick,” Skolnick wrote. “Waiters’ Instagram account (@Waiters3), with more than 350,000 followers, is now private, and no such photo is currently still posted as a regular picture post or Instagram story. But apparently the Heat saw something that troubled them.”
Skolnick went on to explain that had this been the first offense by Waiters this season, it may not have merited a suspension. Given the multiple troubling events that have already occurred this season, however, it’s clear that the team felt it had to punish Waiters.
Now, with Waiters once again suspended, it looks like the Heat have now finally accepted the writing on the wall. Per a recent report, they are now committed to moving on from Waiters in the near future.
How they end up achieving that goal remains to be seen.