- Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Former Mavs Guard for Final Roster Spot
- Report: Daryl Macon Has Emerged as ‘Strong Possibility’ for Miami Heat’s Final Roster Spot
- J.J. Redick Says He Would Love to Play With Jimmy Butler Again
- Hassan Whiteside Says Portland Trail Blazers ‘Best Team I’ve Ever Played on Talent-Wise’
- Report: Dwyane Wade Puts Miami Mansion Up for Sale
- Bam Adebayo Offers Take on Which Miami Heat Player Stood Out Most in Offseason Workouts
- Dwyane Wade Gives Glowing Review of Lakers’ Revamped Roster
- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Alonzo Mourning Ranked as Best Miami Heat Players Ever
- Report: Bam Adebayo Says Miami Heat Pushing Him to Be ‘More of a Leader’ This Season
- Chris Bosh Explains Why He’s ‘Comfortable’ With His Legacy on Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat Interested in Signing Dynamic Wing to Exhibit 10 Contract
- Updated: August 15, 2019
The Heat expressed interest in signing Tucker to an Exhibit 10 contract, which includes an invitation to training camp, where Tucker could earn a two-way contract, as well as a $50,000 guarantee.
Jackson also noted that the 21-year-old’s preference was to sign a two-way contract with the Heat, something the team didn’t offer him.
The Charlotte, N.C. native spent the first two seasons of his college career at Florida Gulf Coast University before transferring to the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. At Little Rock, where he spent one season, he thrived, averaging 20.3 points, 6.7 rebounds, and 1.8 assists per game while shooting 41.1 percent from three.
Tucker went undrafted during the 2019 NBA Draft and played for the Milwaukee Bucks in Summer League, averaging 10.2 points and 3.6 rebounds on 43.0 percent shooting from the field. He is known for his athleticism and ability to shoot the ball.
Tucker could eventually decide to bet on himself and take the Exhibit 10 contract and try to impress the Heat enough to the point where they offer him a two-way contract.
Should the Heat eventually decide to give him the contract that he wants, he could turn into another one of their developmental projects that they’ve become known for.