- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
Report: Miami Heat could put Tyler Herro ‘in play’ to trade for Jrue Holiday
- Updated: November 4, 2020
According to the Sun Sentinel’s Ira Winderman, it is possible.
Miami reportedly is in a “seize-the-moment moment,” according to Winderman and could make Tyler Herro available to acquire New Orleans Pelicans guard Jrue Holiday.
Have addressed this before as a very good fit for the Heat. And, yes, even if it would possibly mean putting Herro in play. Heat are in a seize-the-moment moment. https://t.co/OFbIUABQmg
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) November 4, 2020
Holiday, 30, is an elite defender and would pair very nicely alongside Jimmy Butler.
Last season for New Orleans, Holiday averaged 19.1 points, 4.8 rebounds and 6.7 assists per game.
He is clearly more developed than Herro and could help Miami stay in win-now mode.
However, giving up Herro wouldn’t be easy.
The University of Kentucky product had a fantastic rookie season for Miami and flashed star potential in the postseason.
In the regular season, Herro averaged 13.5 points, 4.1 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game.
While he could be a key part of Miami’s future, it seems that the Heat would make him expendable to acquire a talent like Holiday.