- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Report: Miami Heat Have Made Two Stars Available in Exchange for Jimmy Butler
- Updated: October 3, 2018
As the weekend draws closer, more and more information is leaking about a potential move on the horizon. After being uninterested in any trade that involved Josh Richardson and Bam Adebayo, the Heat are reportedly willing to offer two other young stars in return for the 29-year-old veteran.
According to Darren Wolfson, Miami would be willing to give up Goran Dragic and Hassan Whiteside as pieces in a potential trade. Dragic made the All-Star team last season, but is nearing the tail end of his career. Whiteside, who turns 30 after the 2018-2019 season, makes $22.12 million a year. Even though he has been playing for the team for four years, the organization would certainly be happy to move his contract elsewhere.
As it stands, the Timberwolves find themselves in a predicament. The Heat are not only the forward’s ideal spot to land, but seem to be the most interested in dealing for the Houston, Texas native. While they are in search of someone along the lines of Richardson, that offer doesn’t seem to exist for the time being.
Moving forward, if the Timberwolves refuse to agree to terms with any potential Heat offer, the Heat might have to seriously look at relinquishing their grip on Richardson. A superstar like Butler could elevate the team to a tough contender in the Eastern Conference. As the season looms on the horizon, look for the discussion to continue throughout the week.