- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
Report: Miami Heat Have Made Two Stars Available in Exchange for Jimmy Butler
- Updated: October 3, 2018
As the weekend draws closer, more and more information is leaking about a potential move on the horizon. After being uninterested in any trade that involved Josh Richardson and Bam Adebayo, the Heat are reportedly willing to offer two other young stars in return for the 29-year-old veteran.
According to Darren Wolfson, Miami would be willing to give up Goran Dragic and Hassan Whiteside as pieces in a potential trade. Dragic made the All-Star team last season, but is nearing the tail end of his career. Whiteside, who turns 30 after the 2018-2019 season, makes $22.12 million a year. Even though he has been playing for the team for four years, the organization would certainly be happy to move his contract elsewhere.
As it stands, the Timberwolves find themselves in a predicament. The Heat are not only the forward’s ideal spot to land, but seem to be the most interested in dealing for the Houston, Texas native. While they are in search of someone along the lines of Richardson, that offer doesn’t seem to exist for the time being.
Moving forward, if the Timberwolves refuse to agree to terms with any potential Heat offer, the Heat might have to seriously look at relinquishing their grip on Richardson. A superstar like Butler could elevate the team to a tough contender in the Eastern Conference. As the season looms on the horizon, look for the discussion to continue throughout the week.