- Video: Bam Adebayo Rocks Bradley Beal Jersey After Game vs. Washington Wizards
- Report: Erik Spoelstra Gives Optimistic Update on Jimmy Butler’s Latest Foot Injury
- Derrick Jones Jr. on Defending Bigger Players: ‘I Ain’t Got No Fear for No Man’
- Jae Crowder Unveils New Nickname for Duo of Him and Jimmy Butler
- Dion Waiters Not Worried About Fitting in With Lakers, Says He’s Always Had ‘Bond’ With LeBron James
- Dwyane Wade Shouts Out Chris Paul for Being Best Clutch Player in League
- Miami Heat News: Jae Crowder Enters NBA’s Concussion Protocol After Blow From Zion Williamson
- Miami Heat News: Duncan Robinson Breaks Single-Season NBA Record
- Report: Jimmy Butler Says Bam Adebayo ‘Best Teammate’ He’s Ever Had
- Report: Miami Heat Privately Described Bam Adebayo as ‘Anti-Hassan’ on Draft Night
Report: Miami Heat Looking to Make Short-Term Upgrades for Playoff Run
- Updated: January 24, 2020
The Miami Heat are reportedly looking to make some changes to the roster heading into the Feb. 6 trade deadline.
But instead of trying to make a deal for a star player, the Heat may be more interested in tweaking the roster a bit for the short term with the postseason just a few months away.
For the long term, the offseason will likely be when the more critical decisions regarding the makeup of the team will be made.
Source: Heat are content in keeping current core of players past deadline & making any MAJOR upgrades an offseason priority
Current Goal is to make short term upgrades to improve team for a postseason run
Any deal for a 3&D Wing player will almost assuredly cost atleast Winslow
— Mr. Clutch (@ClutchNBA_) January 24, 2020
Miami’s 31-13 record has them in second place in the Eastern Conference, and any major changes at this point could jeopardize the success they’ve enjoyed this season.
Looking at their roster, there’s no guarantee that some of the young players will remain in Heat uniforms by the time the trade deadline passes since they have a number of players who have little to no postseason experience.