- Wayne Ellington Explains How Putting on Miami Heat Jersey Made Him Feel ‘Valued’
- Dwyane Wade Has Amazing Response for High Schooler Talking Trash About Zaire Wade’s Team
- Report: Devin Booker Could Be Target for Miami Heat If They Strike Out in 2021
- Report: Bradley Beal Still Weighing Extension With Wizards, Heat to Receive ‘Serious’ Consideration
- KZ Okpala Talks Adding Muscle, ‘Being as Versatile as Possible’ Going Into Rookie Year
- Kendrick Nunn’s High School Coach: ‘He’s Right Up There’ With Alums Derrick Rose and Jabari Parker
- Report: Ice Cube Looking to Add Dwyane Wade to BIG3 in the Future
- Miami Heat News: 3 Players Expected to Compete for Pair of 2-Way Contracts
- Dwyane Wade to Join Chinese Reality Show ‘Dunk of China’
- Tyler Herro Comes to Kyle Kuzma’s Defense After Other NBA Players Destroy Him
Report: Miami Heat Are Looking for Starting-Caliber Small Forward
- Updated: July 22, 2019
Though the recently acquired Jimmy Butler has played the position for the Minnesota Timberwolves and Philadelphia 76ers in the past, it appears that the Heat are looking to play him at the starting shooting guard position this season.
Two possible options could be veterans Jae Crowder and Robert Covington.
It can be assumed that moving Butler to the shooting guard spot would leave the Heat with Justise Winslow as the team’s starter at the 3. However, if the Heat do end up acquiring a starting-caliber small forward, then the four-year pro may start the regular season as the team’s primary point guard.
Winslow took over the point guard duties when Goran Dragic was injured last season.
This would indicate that the Heat are almost certainly interested in moving Dragic before the summer is over. Moreover, if the Heat are interested in acquiring a small forward via a trade, then Dragic might be a key piece that makes that possible.
Miami does not seem finished revamping its roster this offseason, so expect more news and rumors to swirl regarding the Heat’s involvement in potential trade talks.