- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Miami Heat Rumors: Jimmy Butler’s Shoulder Strain Could Require MRI
- Updated: February 6, 2020
The Miami Heat lost a big contest to the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night, 128-111.
However, things may get worse, as there’s a chance they’ll lose star swingman Jimmy Butler for some time.
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) February 6, 2020
Butler exited the game with 4:11 remaining in the third quarter and did not return. At the time, the Heat trailed the Clippers 84-74.
Without Butler, Miami made a bit of a run in the fourth quarter, cutting its deficit to 109-103 with 4:02 remaining on a dunk by Derrick Jones Jr.
But with Butler in the locker room, the Heat couldn’t prevent the Clippers from breaking the game open in the final minutes.
This game was the first of a six-game road trip for Miami. The rest of the games on this trip seem to be winnable, as only one of them, a Feb. 12 contest against the Utah Jazz, is against a team with a winning record.
The loss to the Clippers places the Heat’s record at 34-16, which is fourth-best in the Eastern Conference. They’re one full game behind the Boston Celtics, and nine games behind the first-place Milwaukee Bucks.