- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Miami Heat See Jimmy Butler as ‘Son’ of Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem
- Updated: August 20, 2020
Butler, 30, was acquired by the Heat through a multiteam trade.
He signed a four-year, $142 million contract with the Heat last summer and has provided everything the Heat anticipated from him.
The five-time All-Star put up 19.9 points, 6.7 rebounds and 6.0 assists per game this regular season. He led the Heat to the No. 5 seed in the Eastern Conference.
Of course, Butler and Wade played together during the 2016-17 season on the Chicago Bulls. Now, Butler is competing alongside Haslem.
Both Wade and Haslem have alluded to Butler’s unique personality, though they love what he brings to Miami.
The Heat are in the midst of a first-round battle with the Indiana Pacers. Butler guided the Heat to a dominant Game 1 victory over the Pacers with 28 points, four assists, four steals and two blocks.