- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
Report: Miami Heat See Jimmy Butler as ‘Son’ of Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem
- Updated: August 20, 2020
Butler, 30, was acquired by the Heat through a multiteam trade.
He signed a four-year, $142 million contract with the Heat last summer and has provided everything the Heat anticipated from him.
The five-time All-Star put up 19.9 points, 6.7 rebounds and 6.0 assists per game this regular season. He led the Heat to the No. 5 seed in the Eastern Conference.
Of course, Butler and Wade played together during the 2016-17 season on the Chicago Bulls. Now, Butler is competing alongside Haslem.
Both Wade and Haslem have alluded to Butler’s unique personality, though they love what he brings to Miami.
The Heat are in the midst of a first-round battle with the Indiana Pacers. Butler guided the Heat to a dominant Game 1 victory over the Pacers with 28 points, four assists, four steals and two blocks.