- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
Jimmy Butler Explains Why He Started Talking Trash to Indiana Pacers Coach in Game 1
- Updated: August 18, 2020
After the win, the Heat star claimed that a Pacers coach was “yapping” at him on the court throughout the game.
— Will Manso (@WillManso) August 18, 2020
Butler was visibly fired up after a steal that led to a fast-break dunk. He screamed after flushing the ball through the hoop.
— Rob Perez (@WorldWideWob) August 18, 2020
The five-time All-Star is arguably the most important player for the Heat if they want to make a deep playoff run, which starts with taking down the Pacers.
Butler showed that he is up to the task on Tuesday, scoring 28 points on 8-of-15 shooting. He also added four assists, four steals and three rebounds.
The Heat and Pacers will square off again on Thursday at 1 p.m. EST from the Orlando, Fla. bubble as they look to extend their series lead to 2-0.