- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Have ‘Heavy Interest’ in Wizards Guard Bradley Beal
- Updated: January 17, 2019
With the trade deadline just three weeks away, Miami has made it known that the franchise is looking for top-tier talent.
One big name that continues to pop up in conjunction with the Heat is Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal.
“Wizards guard Bradley Beal continues to be a player the Heat are circling back to with heavy interest, according to a source,” wrote Sylvander. “Washington’s asking price thus far appears astronomically high and likely too steep, but Miami considers Beal a frontline star with upside.”
Currently, the Heat are struggling to carve out roles for multiple talented players including Dion Waiters and Wayne Ellington, so it’s not unimaginable that they could be used as trade pieces in a deal with the Wizards.
— theScore (@theScore) January 16, 2019
However, that “astronomically high” asking price would likely also include multiple first-round draft picks and those are assets Miami will likely be reluctant to part with.
It may be worth it to get Beal though. The 25-year-old is having his best season yet, averaging 24.8 points, 5.0 assists, 5.0 rebounds, and 1.3 steals. He could be a huge boon for a Heat team on the rise.
If Miami truly is in the running for a star player like Beal, deadline day on Feb. 7 could be a fascinating one.