- Report: Miami Heat sign promising big man to fill final roster spot for rest of season
- Report: Victor Oladipo could miss entire 2021-22 season after quadriceps surgery
- Report: Luxury watch brand announces exciting new partnership with Miami Heat star Jimmy Butler
- Bam Adebayo’s NSFW reaction to Udonis Haslem getting ejected after altercation with Dwight Howard
- Udonis Haslem’s hilarious comments after getting ejected: ‘I was planning on talking way more s–t’
- Video: Udonis Haslem gets ejected after getting into physical altercation with Dwight Howard
- Report: Miami Heat update Jimmy Butler’s status for crucial game vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Goran Dragic explains what Miami Heat backcourt must do now with Victor Oladipo out for season
- Miami Heat news: Victor Oladipo to have season-ending surgery
- Duncan Robinson celebrates Tyler Herro’s triumphant return to being ‘killer’ for Miami Heat
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Have ‘Heavy Interest’ in Wizards Guard Bradley Beal
- Updated: January 17, 2019
With the trade deadline just three weeks away, Miami has made it known that the franchise is looking for top-tier talent.
One big name that continues to pop up in conjunction with the Heat is Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal.
“Wizards guard Bradley Beal continues to be a player the Heat are circling back to with heavy interest, according to a source,” wrote Sylvander. “Washington’s asking price thus far appears astronomically high and likely too steep, but Miami considers Beal a frontline star with upside.”
Currently, the Heat are struggling to carve out roles for multiple talented players including Dion Waiters and Wayne Ellington, so it’s not unimaginable that they could be used as trade pieces in a deal with the Wizards.
— theScore (@theScore) January 16, 2019
However, that “astronomically high” asking price would likely also include multiple first-round draft picks and those are assets Miami will likely be reluctant to part with.
It may be worth it to get Beal though. The 25-year-old is having his best season yet, averaging 24.8 points, 5.0 assists, 5.0 rebounds, and 1.3 steals. He could be a huge boon for a Heat team on the rise.
If Miami truly is in the running for a star player like Beal, deadline day on Feb. 7 could be a fascinating one.