- Report: Pat Riley Had to Lend Erik Spoelstra Several Armani Suits When He Became Miami Heat Coach
- Erik Spoelstra Explains Why He’s Encouraging Jae Crowder to Shoot From Even ‘Deeper Range’
- Referee Admits to Huge Officiating Error in Miami Heat’s Loss to Toronto Raptors
- Video: Erik Spoelstra in Utter Disbelief as Fred VanVleet Makes Game-Saving Deflection
- Report: Miami Heat Provide Huge Update on Jimmy Butler’s Availability Monday vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro Seen Going at It in Shooting Competition During Miami Heat Practice
- Jae Crowder Indicates Jimmy Butler Missed Miami Heat Practice Because He’s in Quarantine
- Report: Jimmy Butler Excused From Miami Heat Practice, Status for Monday’s Game Unknown
- Dwyane Wade Reacts to Kelly Olynyk Joining Him in Miami Heat History Books
- Video: Jimmy Butler Yells ‘F–k You Bam’ Live on Air After Miami Heat-Denver Nuggets Game
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Have ‘Heavy Interest’ in Wizards Guard Bradley Beal
- Updated: January 17, 2019
With the trade deadline just three weeks away, Miami has made it known that the franchise is looking for top-tier talent.
One big name that continues to pop up in conjunction with the Heat is Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal.
“Wizards guard Bradley Beal continues to be a player the Heat are circling back to with heavy interest, according to a source,” wrote Sylvander. “Washington’s asking price thus far appears astronomically high and likely too steep, but Miami considers Beal a frontline star with upside.”
Currently, the Heat are struggling to carve out roles for multiple talented players including Dion Waiters and Wayne Ellington, so it’s not unimaginable that they could be used as trade pieces in a deal with the Wizards.
— theScore (@theScore) January 16, 2019
However, that “astronomically high” asking price would likely also include multiple first-round draft picks and those are assets Miami will likely be reluctant to part with.
It may be worth it to get Beal though. The 25-year-old is having his best season yet, averaging 24.8 points, 5.0 assists, 5.0 rebounds, and 1.3 steals. He could be a huge boon for a Heat team on the rise.
If Miami truly is in the running for a star player like Beal, deadline day on Feb. 7 could be a fascinating one.