- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Report: Miami Heat Have Emerged as Suitors for Andre Iguodala
- Updated: February 4, 2020
“Sources tell me that the Heat have emerged as a suitor for Andre Iguodala.”
— Stadium (@Stadium) February 4, 2020
Shams Charania noted the potential questions that could come into play in trade talks.
“One, will the sides agree on the potential players and picks involved?” Charania asked. “Two, will another team also get engaged here with Memphis between now and Thursday’s deadline?”
Charania then offered his final question that focused on the sobering possibility that the 36-year-old Iguodala might end up nixing any potential deal.
“Will Andre Iguodala’s appetite be ready for a team like the Miami or somewhere else?” Charania asked. “You know, he’s made clear to some people close to him that he could be prepared to sit out the season if he’s not traded to a destination potentially closer to home on the West Coast. Stay tuned.”
Prior to being dealt to Memphis, Iguodala had been a key member of the Golden State Warriors and was part of their five consecutive teams that reached the NBA Finals. On three of those occasions, the Warriors captured the league title, with Iguodala being named Finals MVP in 2015.
After he was traded to the Grizzlies, Iguodala and the team came to an agreement that he wouldn’t play with it while it sought a trading partner. Iguodala will be a free agent at the end of the season.
The Heat are looking to bolster their roster as they prepare for what they hope will be a long playoff run.