- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
Report: Miami Heat Have Emerged as Suitors for Andre Iguodala
- Updated: February 4, 2020
“Sources tell me that the Heat have emerged as a suitor for Andre Iguodala.”
— Stadium (@Stadium) February 4, 2020
Shams Charania noted the potential questions that could come into play in trade talks.
“One, will the sides agree on the potential players and picks involved?” Charania asked. “Two, will another team also get engaged here with Memphis between now and Thursday’s deadline?”
Charania then offered his final question that focused on the sobering possibility that the 36-year-old Iguodala might end up nixing any potential deal.
“Will Andre Iguodala’s appetite be ready for a team like the Miami or somewhere else?” Charania asked. “You know, he’s made clear to some people close to him that he could be prepared to sit out the season if he’s not traded to a destination potentially closer to home on the West Coast. Stay tuned.”
Prior to being dealt to Memphis, Iguodala had been a key member of the Golden State Warriors and was part of their five consecutive teams that reached the NBA Finals. On three of those occasions, the Warriors captured the league title, with Iguodala being named Finals MVP in 2015.
After he was traded to the Grizzlies, Iguodala and the team came to an agreement that he wouldn’t play with it while it sought a trading partner. Iguodala will be a free agent at the end of the season.
The Heat are looking to bolster their roster as they prepare for what they hope will be a long playoff run.