- Zaire Wade Posts Emotional Tribute to Dwyane Wade to Celebrate Graduating High School
- Goran Dragic Makes His Stance on NBA Return Known: ‘We Want to Compete’
- Jae Crowder Backs Lou Williams as He Questions Return of NBA Season
- Dwyane Wade Reacts to Death of Rayshard Brooks With Angry NSFW Message
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on Epic Game 3 Moment During 2006 NBA Finals
- Jae Crowder Fires Back at Doctor Who Says America Needs Sports Right Now
- Report: Bam Adebayo Among Stars Seeking Protection in Case of Serious Injury in Orlando Bubble
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Would Be Willing to Offer in a Deal for Paul Millsap
- Report: Ben Simmons Has Been Training With Dwyane Wade in Los Angeles
- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
Report: Miami Heat Not on Anthony Davis’ List of Preferred Trade Destinations
- Updated: February 4, 2019
Davis’ list includes the following teams: the Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Clippers.
The University of Kentucky product had previously requested a trade in late January, telling the Pelicans that he would reject any extension the team offered him.
So far this season, Davis has been one of the best players in the league, averaging 29.3 points, 13.3 rebounds, 4.4 assists, 1.7 steals and 2.6 blocks per game while being named an All-Star for the sixth time in his career.
Acquiring the former first overall pick would have come at a lofty price, which is evident by the ongoing trade talks between the Pelicans and the Lakers. The Lakers are reportedly offering three of their best young prospects, three veterans and two first-round picks for the big man.
Davis has two years left on his contract, although he does hold a player option for the 2020-21 season. Throughout his NBA career, the 25-year-old has averaged 24.0 points, 10.6 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.4 steals and 2.4 blocks per game.
Although Davis would have been exactly the type of player the Heat have been looking for, one who could bring them back to contention, it looks as if they won’t be able to acquire him anytime soon.