- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Report: Miami Heat Not on Anthony Davis’ List of Preferred Trade Destinations
- Updated: February 4, 2019
Davis’ list includes the following teams: the Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Clippers.
The University of Kentucky product had previously requested a trade in late January, telling the Pelicans that he would reject any extension the team offered him.
So far this season, Davis has been one of the best players in the league, averaging 29.3 points, 13.3 rebounds, 4.4 assists, 1.7 steals and 2.6 blocks per game while being named an All-Star for the sixth time in his career.
Acquiring the former first overall pick would have come at a lofty price, which is evident by the ongoing trade talks between the Pelicans and the Lakers. The Lakers are reportedly offering three of their best young prospects, three veterans and two first-round picks for the big man.
Davis has two years left on his contract, although he does hold a player option for the 2020-21 season. Throughout his NBA career, the 25-year-old has averaged 24.0 points, 10.6 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.4 steals and 2.4 blocks per game.
Although Davis would have been exactly the type of player the Heat have been looking for, one who could bring them back to contention, it looks as if they won’t be able to acquire him anytime soon.