- Sports Illustrated Ranks Jimmy Butler No. 11 Player in NBA for 2019-20 Season
- Miami Heat Teammates Respond to Tyler Herro’s Inspiring Hype Video
- Goran Dragic Questions Legitimacy of FIBA World Cup
- Report: Dwyane Wade ‘Disappointed’ No Team Has Signed Carmelo Anthony
- Miami Heat News: Heat Exercise Fourth-Year Option on Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat News: American Airlines Arena to Change Name Starting Next Season
- Tyler Herro Agrees That He’ll Be NBA Rookie With ‘Most Drip’
- Goran Dragic Says Surgically Repaired Knee ‘Way Stronger’ Than Last Season
- Dwyane Wade Discusses Why He Absolutely ‘Had to Bring a Championship’ to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Seriously Interested in Owning NFL Team With Rick Ross
Report: Miami Heat Not on Anthony Davis’ List of Preferred Trade Destinations
- Updated: February 4, 2019
Davis’ list includes the following teams: the Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Clippers.
The University of Kentucky product had previously requested a trade in late January, telling the Pelicans that he would reject any extension the team offered him.
So far this season, Davis has been one of the best players in the league, averaging 29.3 points, 13.3 rebounds, 4.4 assists, 1.7 steals and 2.6 blocks per game while being named an All-Star for the sixth time in his career.
Acquiring the former first overall pick would have come at a lofty price, which is evident by the ongoing trade talks between the Pelicans and the Lakers. The Lakers are reportedly offering three of their best young prospects, three veterans and two first-round picks for the big man.
Davis has two years left on his contract, although he does hold a player option for the 2020-21 season. Throughout his NBA career, the 25-year-old has averaged 24.0 points, 10.6 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.4 steals and 2.4 blocks per game.
Although Davis would have been exactly the type of player the Heat have been looking for, one who could bring them back to contention, it looks as if they won’t be able to acquire him anytime soon.