- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat Not on Anthony Davis’ List of Preferred Trade Destinations
- Updated: February 4, 2019
Davis’ list includes the following teams: the Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Clippers.
The University of Kentucky product had previously requested a trade in late January, telling the Pelicans that he would reject any extension the team offered him.
So far this season, Davis has been one of the best players in the league, averaging 29.3 points, 13.3 rebounds, 4.4 assists, 1.7 steals and 2.6 blocks per game while being named an All-Star for the sixth time in his career.
Acquiring the former first overall pick would have come at a lofty price, which is evident by the ongoing trade talks between the Pelicans and the Lakers. The Lakers are reportedly offering three of their best young prospects, three veterans and two first-round picks for the big man.
Davis has two years left on his contract, although he does hold a player option for the 2020-21 season. Throughout his NBA career, the 25-year-old has averaged 24.0 points, 10.6 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.4 steals and 2.4 blocks per game.
Although Davis would have been exactly the type of player the Heat have been looking for, one who could bring them back to contention, it looks as if they won’t be able to acquire him anytime soon.