- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
- Report: Precious Achiuwa’s rookie deal with Miami Heat worth $12.5 million
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s extension doesn’t close the door on Miami Heat landing Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Avery Bradley reveals why he’s a ‘perfect fit’ for the Miami Heat
- Report: People around the league consider the Miami Heat making it to the NBA Finals a ‘fluke’
- Video: 2-time All-Star free agent seen working out in Miami Heat shorts
- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
- Report: Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘more impressed’ by Heat extending Bam Adebayo rather than making him wait
Report: Kendrick Nunn to Be Replaced in Starting Lineup vs. Indiana Pacers
- Updated: August 17, 2020
— Heat Nation (@HeatNationCom) August 17, 2020
The changes will be a shift from the regular season numbers, which saw Nunn in the starting lineup for all of his 67 contests and Dragic start in just three of his 59 games.
The decision to shift the roles of the two players is likely a nod to the 34-year-old Dragic and his 12 years of NBA experience, which include three seasons of playoff competition.
The Heat will have to win four different postseason series to capture their first NBA title since 2013, a process that will span nearly two months. That means playing in pressure games over an extended period, a mindset that’s presumably more suited to Dragic.
Both players put up similar numbers during the regular season, with Dragic averaging 28.2 minutes per game off the bench. During his time on the court, he averaged 16.2 points, 5.1 assists and 3.2 rebounds per contest.
For the 25-year-old Nunn, he made a quick transition from unsigned free agent to starter for the Heat averaging 15.3 points, 3.3 assists and 2.7 rebounds per game.
Things get underway for the Heat on Tuesday afternoon at 4 p.m. EST, when they take on the Indiana Pacers.