- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
Report: Jimmy Butler Had Security Sent to His Room Because He Was Doing Hardcore Workout While Quarantined
- Updated: July 14, 2020
As the NBA creeps closer to a return, a few players have been violating the rules of the league’s bubble environment.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) July 15, 2020
As it turns out, Butler was simply putting in some work.
“Last week, during the quarantine period, the hotel that the Miami Heat were staying at, a security guard received a complaint of disturbance,” said Haynes. “There was a loud thumping going on. So sources told me that the security guard went over to investigate, found the room, knocked on the room and who opened the door? It was Miami Heat forward Jimmy Butler, drenched in sweat with the practice gear on from head to toe. He was dribbling a basketball throughout his room the whole time. So even during the quarantine period, Jimmy Butler was still getting his practice session in.”
Butler has been the centerpiece of the Heat’s surprising resurgence this season. So far in 2019-20, he’s averaging 20.2 points, 6.6 rebounds, 6.1 assists and 1.7 steals per game.
Butler has a history of rubbing people the wrong way with his tough-love style of leadership, but one can’t deny his work ethic and dedication.
He has also continued to shine as one of the NBA’s best clutch players, as he ranks 10th in points per game in the clutch this season.
NBA.com defines clutch as any time in the last five minutes of a game when the point differential is five or less.