- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
- Report: Miami Heat showing interest in promising young guard from Alabama
Report: Contracts of Goran Dragic and Hassan Whiteside to ‘Instantly Become Trade Chips’
- Updated: May 30, 2019
While that would keep the Heat from being major players in this summer’s free agency, it could absolutely afford the Heat some much-needed trade capital.
According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, both Dragic and Whiteside’s expiring deals would instantly become tradable assets for Miami.
This season, Whiteside is set to make just over $27 million when he does opt in, and Dragic will be owed $19.2 million in the final year of his contract.
Even with those heavy price tags, the fact that they will be expiring deals will be a valuable asset to teams who are looking to trade away solid players in order to free up future cap space.
It’s starting to look like the next year is going to be a very active one for the Heat. Whether through trades this season, or the free agency market next summer, there is little doubt that the team’s roster is going to be very different in the relatively near future.