- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Report: Contracts of Goran Dragic and Hassan Whiteside to ‘Instantly Become Trade Chips’
- Updated: May 30, 2019
While that would keep the Heat from being major players in this summer’s free agency, it could absolutely afford the Heat some much-needed trade capital.
According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, both Dragic and Whiteside’s expiring deals would instantly become tradable assets for Miami.
This season, Whiteside is set to make just over $27 million when he does opt in, and Dragic will be owed $19.2 million in the final year of his contract.
Even with those heavy price tags, the fact that they will be expiring deals will be a valuable asset to teams who are looking to trade away solid players in order to free up future cap space.
It’s starting to look like the next year is going to be a very active one for the Heat. Whether through trades this season, or the free agency market next summer, there is little doubt that the team’s roster is going to be very different in the relatively near future.