- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
- Bam Adebayo’s Confidence ‘Through the Roof’ After Impressive All-Star Weekend
- Report: Derrick Jones Jr. Lands Puma Deal After Slam Dunk Contest Win
- Report: Jimmy Butler ‘Angry’ He Wasn’t Inserted in 4th Quarter of All-Star Game
- Video: Common’s All-Star Game Tribute to Dwyane Wade Moves Him to Tears
- Bam Adebayo Says He’d Take Jimmy Butler 1-on-1 Because ‘He’s Trash’
- Video: Dwyane Wade Claps Back at Haters Saying He Rigged the Dunk Contest
- LeBron James Reacts to Aaron Gordon Getting Robbed in 2020 NBA Slam Dunk Contest
- Andre Iguodala Defends Derrick Jones Jr. Winning NBA Slam Dunk Contest Over Aaron Gordon
Report: Contracts of Goran Dragic and Hassan Whiteside to ‘Instantly Become Trade Chips’
- Updated: May 30, 2019
While that would keep the Heat from being major players in this summer’s free agency, it could absolutely afford the Heat some much-needed trade capital.
According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, both Dragic and Whiteside’s expiring deals would instantly become tradable assets for Miami.
This season, Whiteside is set to make just over $27 million when he does opt in, and Dragic will be owed $19.2 million in the final year of his contract.
Even with those heavy price tags, the fact that they will be expiring deals will be a valuable asset to teams who are looking to trade away solid players in order to free up future cap space.
It’s starting to look like the next year is going to be a very active one for the Heat. Whether through trades this season, or the free agency market next summer, there is little doubt that the team’s roster is going to be very different in the relatively near future.