- Video: Bam Adebayo pissed at Dwyane Wade for taking forever to respond to texts
- Dwyane Wade: ‘If you don’t like D. Rose, something is wrong with you’
- Miami Heat release crucial injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Boston Celtics
- Victor Oladipo issues emphatic 1-word response to Russell Westbrook becoming all-time triple-double leader
- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
Report: Bradley Beal Very Aware of Miami Heat Fans Trying to Lure Him
- Updated: September 27, 2019
The future of Bradley Beal is very much up in the air, which has led many fans to dream of him joining the Miami Heat.
As Beal decides whether to accept the Washington Wizards’ three-year, $111 million contract extension offer, he is cognizant of the fact that Heat fans are pining for him.
“It’s a great thing that a lot of people love your game and want you on their team,” said Beal on NBC.com. “But I love the situation I have too
“Honestly you might slap me, but I haven’t thought about it. I’m just getting better and letting my agent [Mark Bartelstein and Wizards general manager] Tommy [Sheppard] and everybody else deal with it.
“I just go hoop. Every day I see somebody and they ask ‘Beal, you leaving?’ and I’m like ‘I’m still living in D.C., I ain’t going nowhere.’”
If Beal turns down the Wizards’ contract extension, he would become a free agent in the summer of 2021. If the Wizards feel he is likely to go elsewhere as a free agent, there is a good chance the team elects to trade him so that it can get value in return.
Should Beal be available via free agency in 2021, he would strongly consider signing with the Heat, although the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, and possibly a few other teams would be in the running, according to a source close to Beal.
This source also indicated that Beal is expected to see how things go with the Wizards this season before making any decisions on his future, as he still feels some sense of loyalty to Washington.