- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Report: Bradley Beal Very Aware of Miami Heat Fans Trying to Lure Him
- Updated: September 27, 2019
The future of Bradley Beal is very much up in the air, which has led many fans to dream of him joining the Miami Heat.
As Beal decides whether to accept the Washington Wizards’ three-year, $111 million contract extension offer, he is cognizant of the fact that Heat fans are pining for him.
“It’s a great thing that a lot of people love your game and want you on their team,” said Beal on NBC.com. “But I love the situation I have too
“Honestly you might slap me, but I haven’t thought about it. I’m just getting better and letting my agent [Mark Bartelstein and Wizards general manager] Tommy [Sheppard] and everybody else deal with it.
“I just go hoop. Every day I see somebody and they ask ‘Beal, you leaving?’ and I’m like ‘I’m still living in D.C., I ain’t going nowhere.’”
If Beal turns down the Wizards’ contract extension, he would become a free agent in the summer of 2021. If the Wizards feel he is likely to go elsewhere as a free agent, there is a good chance the team elects to trade him so that it can get value in return.
Should Beal be available via free agency in 2021, he would strongly consider signing with the Heat, although the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, and possibly a few other teams would be in the running, according to a source close to Beal.
This source also indicated that Beal is expected to see how things go with the Wizards this season before making any decisions on his future, as he still feels some sense of loyalty to Washington.