- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
Report: NBA Targeting July 31 for Resumption of 2019-20 Season
- Updated: May 29, 2020
The NBA is getting close to resuming the 2019-20 season.
As a matter of fact, NBA commissioner Adam Silver reportedly told the Board of Governors that July 31 is a target date for resumption of the season.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) May 29, 2020
The NBA suspended the 2019-20 campaign back in March after Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert contracted the novel coronavirus.
In the days following the gigantic decision, several other players from around the league also tested positive for the deadly virus.
The list included some of the league’s finest stars, such as Kevin Durant and Donovan Mitchell. In addition, hundreds of thousands of people across the country have died as a result of the virus in the last couple months.
Therefore, Silver has been extremely scrupulous in his decision-making regarding the resumption of the 2019-20 season.
While fans would love to see teams back on the court, the health of the players remains the paramount priority.
The Miami Heat are currently in fourth place in the Eastern Conference standings.