- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
Report: NBA Targeting July 31 for Resumption of 2019-20 Season
- Updated: May 29, 2020
The NBA is getting close to resuming the 2019-20 season.
As a matter of fact, NBA commissioner Adam Silver reportedly told the Board of Governors that July 31 is a target date for resumption of the season.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) May 29, 2020
The NBA suspended the 2019-20 campaign back in March after Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert contracted the novel coronavirus.
In the days following the gigantic decision, several other players from around the league also tested positive for the deadly virus.
The list included some of the league’s finest stars, such as Kevin Durant and Donovan Mitchell. In addition, hundreds of thousands of people across the country have died as a result of the virus in the last couple months.
Therefore, Silver has been extremely scrupulous in his decision-making regarding the resumption of the 2019-20 season.
While fans would love to see teams back on the court, the health of the players remains the paramount priority.
The Miami Heat are currently in fourth place in the Eastern Conference standings.