- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Report: NBA Targeting July 31 for Resumption of 2019-20 Season
- Updated: May 29, 2020
The NBA is getting close to resuming the 2019-20 season.
As a matter of fact, NBA commissioner Adam Silver reportedly told the Board of Governors that July 31 is a target date for resumption of the season.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) May 29, 2020
The NBA suspended the 2019-20 campaign back in March after Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert contracted the novel coronavirus.
In the days following the gigantic decision, several other players from around the league also tested positive for the deadly virus.
The list included some of the league’s finest stars, such as Kevin Durant and Donovan Mitchell. In addition, hundreds of thousands of people across the country have died as a result of the virus in the last couple months.
Therefore, Silver has been extremely scrupulous in his decision-making regarding the resumption of the 2019-20 season.
While fans would love to see teams back on the court, the health of the players remains the paramount priority.
The Miami Heat are currently in fourth place in the Eastern Conference standings.