- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Updated: May 13, 2020
The Miami Heat opened up their practice facility on Wednesday.
According to Ramona Shelburne of ESPN.com, 12 players from the Heat participated in socially-distanced workouts.
The Miami Heat were able to open their practice facility today, according to sources. 12 players went in for voluntary, socially distanced workouts.
— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) May 13, 2020
The NBA immediately suspended the 2019-20 season after Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert tested positive for the novel coronavirus back in March.
In the days following the major announcement, several players from multiple different teams also contracted the virus. Furthermore, the virus exploded all over the country.
As a result, the NBA has been out of commission for over two months. Yet, despite major health concerns, most players are eager to get back to action.
The Heat are fourth in the Eastern Conference at the moment. Before the deadly halted the season, the team was adjusting to integrating newcomers Andre Iguodala, Jae Crowder and Solomon Hill to the squad.
While the sample size is small, the Heat are primed to be one of the contenders in the Eastern Conference when resumption occurs.
There is no official timetable for when the league will continue the 2019-20 season.