- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
What Dwyane Wade swore to Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra about Jimmy Butler
- Updated: October 5, 2020
The two have developed a solid relationship, and Wade actually told Heat management that Butler was their guy when they signed him this past offseason.
Erik Spoelstra explains that Dwyane Wade swore to him and Pat Riley that Jimmy Butler would be the player who could win these games for the Heat, “This is your guy. This is the next guy.” pic.twitter.com/7rFnU2DFPE
— Will Manso (@WillManso) October 5, 2020
“Dwyane swore to us,” Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra said. “He looked us, Pat [Riley] and I dead in the eye and said, ‘This is your guy. This is the next guy.’”
Wade’s declaration has proven to be true, as Butler has taken Miami to the NBA Finals in his first season with the team.
Not only that, but the All-Star showed that he can take over games as well with a clutch performance in the Heat’s Game 3 win over the Los Angeles Lakers.
Butler finished Game 3 with an insane triple-double, as he scored 40 points and added 11 rebounds and 13 assists.
The performance may have saved Miami’s season, as it avoided going down 0-3 in the series.
Now, Butler will look to follow up that performance by helping the Heat even the series in Game 4 on Tuesday.