- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Udonis Haslem’s Son Hints That His Father May Be Signing With Cavs
- Updated: July 7, 2017
Udonis Haslem could be headed to Cleveland, according to an Instagram post made by his son.
That’s because the Heat forward’s son, Kedonis Haslem, recently posted a photoshopped image of his father in a Cleveland Cavaliers jersey.
UD's son just posted this to Instagram. I would quit basketball if this happens pic.twitter.com/a9QCnjX6h4
— Toni Gemayel (@tonigemayel) July 7, 2017
The 14-year veteran has been the captain of the Miami Heat for many years and was one of the leaders during and after the Big 3 era. Haslem has won three NBA championships, while spending his entire professional career with the Heat.
Earlier this week, Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press had reported that Cleveland was keeping an eye on Haslem as a possible free agent target.
Udonis Haslem, who wants to stay in Miami, is now on the radar screen of the Cleveland Cavaliers. A conversation, at least, is likely.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) July 5, 2017
As Reynolds notes, the Florida native wishes to stay in Miami, but the Heat might only be able to offer him a minimum contract worth around $2.3 million.
After losing franchise star Dwyane Wade last season, losing another pillar like Haslem would be devastating for the team’s fan base.