- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
- Video: Donovan Mitchell fanboys over Bam Adebayo as star duo works out together
- Bam Adebayo shares emotional story of growing up in trailer after earning max contract
- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Updated: October 29, 2020
Dwyane Wade may be considered an NBA legend today, but there was a time many years ago when he was simply a wide-eyed rookie.
The contest took place on Oct. 28, 2003 in Philly. In fact, it was the season opener of the 2003-04 NBA season.
The two Heat rookies didn’t do too badly in their league debut. Wade had 18 points and four assists, while Haslem grabbed eight rebounds.
However, Iverson, who by then was an established star with an MVP award under his belt, put up 26 points, 11 assists and five steals, and the Sixers won easily.
Before long, Wade became a full-fledged heavyweight of his own, as he would lead the Heat to their first-ever NBA championship just two seasons later.