- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Tyler Herro Claims He and Kendrick Nunn Both Deserve Rookie of the Year Award
- Updated: January 20, 2020
This season’s race for the Rookie of the Year award is shaping up to be an exciting one.
Herro recently said that he believes both he and Nunn are worthy of being named Rookie of the Year.
“We’re both deserving of Rookie of the Year,” Herro said. “We’re happy for each other. Some nights it might be his night, some nights it might be my night.”
While the two first-year players certainly have a case for winning the award, they are facing an uphill climb.
Memphis Grizzlies rookie Ja Morant is considered the frontrunner for the award midway through the 2019-20 season. The second overall pick of the 2019 NBA Draft is currently leading all rookies in average points and assists per game.
What Nunn and Herro have going for them are their roles in helping the Heat battle for one of the top seeds in the Eastern Conference. Nunn has started every game for the team, scoring 16.0 points per game, which is just 1.9 points less than Morant’s average.
Herro, on the other hand, has been a valuable spark off the bench for the Heat.
Even if neither of the two Heat rookies wins the award, it would not be a surprise to see them included on an All-Rookie team at the end of the season.