- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Tyler Herro Claims He and Kendrick Nunn Both Deserve Rookie of the Year Award
- Updated: January 20, 2020
This season’s race for the Rookie of the Year award is shaping up to be an exciting one.
Herro recently said that he believes both he and Nunn are worthy of being named Rookie of the Year.
“We’re both deserving of Rookie of the Year,” Herro said. “We’re happy for each other. Some nights it might be his night, some nights it might be my night.”
While the two first-year players certainly have a case for winning the award, they are facing an uphill climb.
Memphis Grizzlies rookie Ja Morant is considered the frontrunner for the award midway through the 2019-20 season. The second overall pick of the 2019 NBA Draft is currently leading all rookies in average points and assists per game.
What Nunn and Herro have going for them are their roles in helping the Heat battle for one of the top seeds in the Eastern Conference. Nunn has started every game for the team, scoring 16.0 points per game, which is just 1.9 points less than Morant’s average.
Herro, on the other hand, has been a valuable spark off the bench for the Heat.
Even if neither of the two Heat rookies wins the award, it would not be a surprise to see them included on an All-Rookie team at the end of the season.